• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

David Clark helmet pa11

I know it's been discussed, but I've came across a deal on a helmet and currently not around my plane. My concern is one- will it fit over a boze headset?, as I know they are designed for Clark's. And at 6'2 height is my main concern. Would like a hat cuz of the spar attachment. I don't have to much room from top of my head to tubing above me. Any other tall pa11 guys have any insight? Thanks if I was around plane I would just see if it would work...but im not. Thanks in advance

I know it's been discussed, but I've came across a deal on a helmet and currently not around my plane. My concern is one- will it fit over a boze headset?, as I know they are designed for Clark's. And at 6'2 height is my main concern. Would like a hat cuz of the spar attachment. I don't have to much room from top of my head to tubing above me. Any other tall pa11 guys have any insight? Thanks if I was around plane I would just see if it would work...but im not. Thanks in advance

11 front seat is close and I'm only 6'. I had black foam pipe insulation on tubes. Mr Russell in Maine wears a helmet in his 11 but he's not as tall as he sounds on the phone.

Glenn

Ummm, what model Bose headset? The older ones are way big.

MTV

Passive or active headset. http://www.faroaviation.com/faro-aviation-helmet-g2-pilot-headset.html
sideclosed_anr-faro-catalog2.jpg

So who's going to take one for the team and spend the $300 and report back?

Last edited:
That doesn't look like a bad helmet, stylish, priced right, if it meets impact standards and could toss the visor.

Glenn

That doesn't look like a bad helmet, stylish, priced right, if it meets impact standards and could toss the visor.

Glenn
I have been thinking about it. I thought the same thing Glenn and then I think about the big scratch I got on my sunglasses when I busted the windshield but you are probably right.

It looks like the origin is/was maybe a hockey helmet which might be less toasty than a DC on a hot day with it's cloth flyingcap headset holder thingiemabob (which is thankfully washable). Wonder if the top is or could be vented and if one could provide their own headset instead of the homegrowns?

Last edited:
Back