• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Attention Pilots and Hunters!!

68Papa

FRIEND
Chugiak, Alaska
The Anchorage Fish & Game Advisory Committee's Game Subcommittee will meet tonight, March 31st at 7:00 pm at CMM General Contractor's office. They are located at 18743 Old Glenn Highway in Chugiak. Anybody residing in the Anchorage/Eagle River area can and should attend this meeting to voice their opinion. Residents outside the area are also welcome to attend. We have a very small window of opportunity to turn Prop 207 around before it becomes law and this is the first immediate place to start! 207 is a bad law with awful consequences for pilots, guides, 135 operators, and anyone wanting to access Alaska's game. For now, it only applies to Dall Sheep, but if we let this slide, then it won't be long before it's moose, caribou and bears! There are six people on the Board of Game. It was 5 out of the 6 that voted to pass Prop 207 with overwhelming public testimony against it!! They had other options, even tabling this prop until further imput could be gathered. Out of all the sportsman and pilots that live in Alaska - out of all the sportsman and pilots that want to come to Alaska to hunt; there are thousands! 5 individuals made this decision! Speak now or forever hold your peace!!!!!!

https://aws.state.ak.us/OnlinePublicNotices/Notices/View.aspx?id=176142

http://www.supercub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48149

Roger Denny

I do hope they let you all speak tonight. The trouble is the BOG passed the proposal's second option. The agenda for tonights meeting does not list anywhere for talking about 207.

I do hope they let you all speak tonight. The trouble is the BOG passed the proposal's second option. The agenda for tonights meeting does not list anywhere for talking about 207.

This is true, 207 is not on the agenda. The hope is that enough people show up that our presence will be overwhelming. We'll see......

Hate to say this , but they could care less what the public thinks or what is said. They obviously are marching to the greater good tune, the promise is more to come.

So how did the meeting go? Was there good turnout? Did they let you speak?

There is a HB 103 that makes it illegal for the BOF or BOG to present proposals. Proposition 207 was a Board generated proposal. Generated by the Board so of course it passed. Contact your Alaska State legislators and let them know how you feel so that you can keep something like this happening in the future.

This is one of the times that not being allowed to discuss politics on here makes no sense and does a dis-service to future pilots, hunters etc. Elections have consequences and I have some basic questions about the board members: Are they pilots, hunters outdoors men or do they hold recent university degrees in ecology (nothing wrong with this degree accept it seems some of the training now is about political action), ? Were they appointed by elected officials? If so what were their backgrounds (staying away from the line here I hope). Maybe they are all guides brother or sister in laws and this is pure corruption? Whatever the facts beyond just attending a meeting where those in control already have their minds made up by their past is probably scaling a pretty tall wall. Were losing land (personal control of it, not the taxation part) right and left here in Washington State and attending "meetings" where the "state officials" makes sure VW busloads of city types attend rural meetings has proved totally pointless. I don't presuppose what my questions about the board belief system would show but this does have a smell about it (third class medical?): Probably facts won't solve the underlying problem, basically unenforceable, posing to an agenda, penalty way out of proportion to possible benefit, can be imposed selectively, has possible infringement on constitutional rights (a stretch since this is more of a court determination but who are the judges?).

You can go to the State of Alaska's Fish and Game website and look under the hunting tab for the BOG and see all the info you want. There are seven members appointed by the governor and confirmed by the legislature. One member has been anti airplane for a long time.

So how did the meeting go? Was there good turnout? Did they let you speak?

There is a HB 103 that makes it illegal for the BOF or BOG to present proposals. Proposition 207 was a Board generated proposal. Generated by the Board so of course it passed. Contact your Alaska State legislators and let them know how you feel so that you can keep something like this happening in the future.

The meeting went good. I thought the turnout was small, although very few people know when these things are scheduled and I only gave a 3-4 hour notice. The subcommittee said it was the biggest turnout they had in a long time. And yes, not only did they let us speak, they did so for over an hour. The Anchorage subcommittee was unanimously against prop 207, as well as 3 or 4 other subcommittees that voted. Crazy what has happened. There is hope, but not if everybody sits on there hands, and even then, it's gonna be an uphill battle. The Anchorage subcommittee meets again next Tuesday in Anchorage. The Valley subcommittee meets tonight at 7:00 at the MTA building. That meeting should be a barn burner! Folks are not happy about this! Not about just the law itself, but the overwhelming opposition against, the process and procedure in which it was originated and then passed. The hearing on House Bill 103 has been rescheduled to take place at 5:00 pm on April 2nd. Wake up Alaska!! Time to call your legislators and tell them to pass HB103!

I was at the meeting last night and it was good to see some folks present. We need more people to show to these meetings even if you don't intend to speak. Attend the Matsu meeting tonight. Be pro HB103. It is important to do some research and find out what part of 207 passed and what HB103 is all about. This way you can speak to the facts and have a productive conversation with folks if you are trying to sway their opinion.

I can't figure out why AK Airmen's is silent on this... it is a huge restriction on flying, it was passed against public input, and it has SIGNIFICANT safety and legal issues for pilots.

What aren't they getting the word out to their dues-paying membership to make noise on this? Where is the strategy to head this off?

When I called they gave some tax-exempt status mumbo jumbo...

Back