• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Oil temp gauge not working...

BritishCubBloke

SPONSOR
Bellingen, NSW, Australia
but the oil pressure gauge is. This is the combined pressure and temp gauge. Is this more likely to be a gauge problem or a sensor problem? I have quite a long lead time on parts ordered, so just wondering if I may as well get hold of a new gauge.

Cheers,

David

David, is it the old original style with the capillary tube going into the old screen filter? It will have a brass winding around it if is. Tipping if it is there is a fracture in the line near the end bulb. They are repairable I sent mine to parafield instruments about 8 years ago. Texmex has my old one but not sure if he is using it. Will contact him to see where it's at. I put a electronics international gauge in mine. Call me if you want 0419572814
wal.

Hi guys. Yes I've still got your old one here Wal. Or my old one, as I had Wal's overhauled and it's now in my Cub. Did it that way so as to keep an oil pressure gauge while one was being overhauled.

Either way there's one here.

Sent one to John Wolf instruments in the States and it came back overhauled. It works and looked new. I did try to get one overhauled in Victoria but it didn't work.
Give me a call if you want me to send it onwards.
Then you can be the keeper of the spare. (albeit in need of overhaul).
(03) 5427 0499.
Texmex.

Now that I've got a B&C oil filter adapter, I hardly never need to swing the engine for the oil screen and as a result I'm not undoing that brass nut and moving the capillary line.

I'm expecting therefore more years of service then the old gauge gave. (About 45 years).

Back