• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

What ACE-Performance is doing to the Lycoming 320…..

Looking at the pics in post #1....where's the oil sump?
That little thing under the accessory case?
How much does it hold?

What a bummer. We are still using 1930s technology. These guys looked like they were on to something.

On the other hand, I can still work on older engines, but the latest stuff is beyond me. I won't touch a BMW or a Rotax. I don't even know how to change oil in a Rotax - just know there is a "gotcha" involved.

There is still quite a few flying including in reno sport class. Kevin may chime. Lycon has been toying with the cylinders.

I realize this is an OLD thread but am wondering what ever happened with these engines. I ask because I recently noticed this website (www.ac-aero.com/ax4050-cylinder-kits) after reading about it in the engine article of the latest Kitplanes magazine.

Looked over this complete website from this link,last date they mention is in 2017, very interesting advanced technology if it's for real why no new dates on their website,only talking about what they are going to do in 2017,
the FL1500 inverted 4 - 120bhp to 200bhp weighing 67kgs , sent them an email see what comes back if anything.

ACE Inverted V4

So this looks like a fantasy engine dream,if it's for real I would think someone would have it on their airplane already.image.png
Edit, says 67kgs x 2.2 = 147.2 pounds
120bhp to 200bhp that light and 200bhp on a PA12 would be a game changer

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
A multi-fuel engine that's light, and plenty of HP would definitely be a game changer!!

For info on A.C.E. cylinders, cranks and products try to pm Kevin Eldridge He was the guy building them.

Back