• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

The Almost Annual Supercub Seminar, Fairbanks Jan 24!

tamarack

FRIEND
Fairbanks, AK
Hello All,

Everyone is invited to the Free! 2015 Almost Annual Supercub Seminar in Fairbanks, Alaska on Saturday January 24. Doors open at 8, speakers start at 8:30 until 4 with a break for lunch.

We will be featuring Steve Pierce from sunny and warm Texas, he will be talking about the highs and low of flying and airplane ownership. The first speaker will be giving a run-down on Alaskan aircraft accidents, trends and statistics; Dave Swartz and Dakota Cub's Mark Erickson will have a presentation on overloading Cubs, Dr. Raymond will talk about medical issues and questions, we will have a presentation on external loads, there will be door prizes and refreshments will be available for a donation to Lillymae's future aviation career fund. Lillymae is a 17-year old local girl who earned her private license last summer and wants to pursue aviation. I don't remember the other speakers right now but will provide updates!

Thank you Steve Pierce for coming to Alaska, I will pick you up at the airport tomorrow evening and show you around Thursday and Friday before the seminar!

BTW -- Weather underground is forecasting 34 below on Saturday, NWS is forecasting only 10 below.

Thank you,

Vickie

Please do not show Steve the "boneyard" he might become lost or start tinkering on 2800s, make sure you whisk him directly to a quiet non-discript horel and throw him a couple of happy meals.

I am a long ways from Fairbanks, but some notes or highlights from the presentation on overloading Cubs would be really appreciated. I happily get by without overloading the Cub I fly, but I am curious on potential modes of failure from an overloaded Cub (and any differences between the various MTOW STCs) and the effects of overloading on performance.

Any of you guys that attended want to repeat information you consider worth sharing with those of us that live too far to come? What about over gross with external loads? Do they cancel each other out?

Back