• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Who is building a Javron Cub?

I'm building one. I got a tack welded fuselage from Jay and parts to build everything else.

A friend of mine is. Am helping keep the build log and taking pics. Almost done.

Modified (1.5 inches shorter on the nose for better O-360 balance / hanging toe brakes / control tunnel / PA-12 style controls. )

DSC5000.jpg

I'm building one and started about 2 years ago with the building of 2 rotisseries to build both wings at the same time,ordered the flaps and ailerons from from Jay and I was started but I was stupid and had two make my changes with Jays willing help, but as you know all these little changes adds all kinds of time.If I could learn to load some pictures I will in the future.Jay shipped my motor this week so maybe a flying Javron cub in the spring. thanks Ron C

2 friends and I helped Larry hang the wings on his Javron this afternoon for the final time. He will have everything hooked up in another day or two.
Sorry for the upside down pics, gotta love this iPhone!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 266
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 248
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Sorry Doug, I don't understand why the pics I post are sometimes upside down. I guess you might have to rotate your monitor! :)

Im building from scratch, but after talking to Bill Rusk, I think that there will be some Javron wings in my near future. From everything I have seen and heard Jay does some amazing work

2 friends and I helped Larry hang the wings on his Javron this afternoon for the final time. He will have everything hooked up in another day or two.
Sorry for the upside down pics, gotta love this iPhone!

The upside down pics I think is the same as my iPad, if I take a picture with the iPad turned one way it's fine if I take it the other way it looks fine on the iPad but if I email it it's upside down. Try that.

A friend of mine is. Am helping keep the build log and taking pics. Almost done.

Modified (1.5 inches shorter on the nose for better O-360 balance / hanging toe brakes / control tunnel / PA-12 style controls. )
This looks great. Is your friend short legged? I hope so. Where was the 1.5 inches removed? I had to move my seat back an inch to get my knees under the panel. This caused me to have to leave out the back stick. The engine is tight against the firewall so any shortening would have to be at the pilot's feet. Moving the battery aft solved the CG situation.

I started one in August, the fuselage is a 1958 vintage with many mods already but everything else is going to be Javrons. I have been to Jay's shop twice, and what an experience!! Felt like I six years old walking down the stairs at Christmas!! Wish I could have written him a big check right there. Jay and crew is a credit to the Supercub lineage. Visited Bill Rusks project also, and hope to model after him. Going with 160hp and look forward to floats down the road. Anybody want to buy a J-3 on a set of Baumann's?
Denny (KSTL)

I'm building one that is mostly Javron, I started with a small chunk of a '52 Super Cub and had Jay tack weld a tail section and top deck for me. As others have said the work done at Javron is second to none and Jay is very accommodating to customers requests. Mine is going to be (hopefully) a lightweight, simple,bare-bones plane with an 0-290 on the front end. Hoping to come in at 850 lbs. but I'll settle for anything under 900!

Having said all that, if I had it to do over again, I probably would have started with a kit from Javron, possibly one of their tack welded fuselages (which is actually about 1/3rd -1/2 finish welded).

This looks great. Is your friend short legged? I hope so. Where was the 1.5 inches removed? I had to move my seat back an inch to get my knees under the panel. This caused me to have to leave out the back stick. The engine is tight against the firewall so any shortening would have to be at the pilot's feet. Moving the battery aft solved the CG situation. NIPA

--

Not short legged, but the seat and controls were moved back, as was the rear seat / removable cross tube. This whole airframe was an engineering study that Jay did and later abandoned to concentrate on more stock airplanes. The nose was actually shortened 3 inches. When my friend picked up the kit he asked Jay to put 1.5 inches back with the motor mount. So it has the rear controls.
MacCub2_September2012_Third_20.jpg

Maccub_December14_2013_04.jpg

Maccub_December14_2013_05.jpg

Maccub_Sept28_2014_09.jpg

Maccub_Sept28_2014_10.jpg

Maccub_Sept15_2014_21.jpg

Last edited:
That tunnel for the seats and rear stick is a very interesting study.
While my right brain is still spinning the tunnel concept around, my left brain said throw some Koi into the rear stick tub.
I'd enjoy hearing future tales from rear seat pilot/instructors.

image.jpgI'm building one in Port Lincoln, South Australia. Not going as fast as I wd like, but it's moving ahead. Great kit, love the wings and thoroughly enjoying the build. But I have an original to fly and won't consider selling till I get the kit close to flying. Can't speak too highly of Jay, his kit and his service.
cheers,
Phil

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    692.4 KB · Views: 302
I leave for Minnesota the first week of December to pick mine up. It will have square wings, extended Keller flaps, and the new Titan IO360 R Series engine. The new engine weighs something like 245 lbs , puts out 208 hp at 2750 rpm and is made to run on car gas. Jay at Javron has been great to work with.

I am. On clamar amphibious floats. Airframe is done. Floats are painted and rigged. All carbon fiber and composite work complete. Autopilot/wiring/avionics done (dual dynon). Firewall forward done (O-375, MT 3-blade). Just waiting on flaps and ailerons from jay so we can cover. Will be at OSH for sure.

I am also building a widebody project from javron. Just ordered a custom built instrument panel for mine. I am pleased with the quality of my kit. If anyone is passing thru las vegas , nevada , you are welcome to stop by and see what he supplies.

Back