• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Roc NY to Tulsa to Houston to Roc NY

Colorguns

PATRON
Bloomfield NY
Planning to travel from Rochester NY to Tulsa the 4-5 of November then to Houston the 9-10 Nov to Houston then return to Rochester the 14-15 of Nov.

Any suggestions or sights to see? Plan 3 days to Tulsa 1 to Houston and 2-3 back home.

Doug

If you enjoy history, stop in Fredericksburg, TX (T82) to spend a day at the National Museum of the Pacific War and try some great local German food. The Hanger Hotel on the airport is also a great experience. For some of the best BBQ on the planet, stop at Llano (AQO) where they will lend you a car to drive into town for lunch. Take your time and enjoy the trip.

Let us know more when you get close, I've got tie-downs in front of my hanger at KRVS (Tulsa Riverside) or I'd recomend Riverside Jet Center if you want to get it inside.

How long will you be in Tulsa?

Kirby

Ps. SteveE said he'll buy dinner for all that can make it to Los Cabbo's one night.

Last edited:
Yankee season doesn't start till the next weekend. But I guess we could poach one or two. Maybe Ford can come up and try to run cover for you. So when you hit the okie border you better go stealth......Maybe Tim can ride along and we can get 2 for 1....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yankee season doesn't start till the next weekend. But I guess we could poach one or two. Maybe Ford can come up and try to run cover for you. So when you hit the okie border you better go stealth......Maybe Tim can ride along and we can get 2 for 1....

Steve, how does Kirby's new Cub look, haven't heard much

Tim,

604's celebrating her second Fexas birthday, presently wearing a very revealing one-piece suit of silver underwear that no dad should ever have to see. Thank you very much, for asking.

Kirby

Ps, You sure you're not from Massachusetts?

Last edited:
Tim,

604's celebrating her second Fexas birthday, presently wearing a very revealing one-piece suit of silver underwear that no dad should ever have to see. Thank you very much, for asking.

Kirby

Ps, You sure you're not from Massachusetts?

Kirby, we find that he's left of Massachusetts

Glenn

Colorguns, Come experience Texas hospitality. Come to my ranch. Hunting and shooting season is open. You can shoot an Elk, pigs, deer, turkey, Axis, Aoudad, Blackbuck, and Black Bellied Barbados. Take your pick. I have a 1800 ft runway and a big hanger. Fuel on field. We can also fish my stocked pond and play on the zip line. We have lots of fun guns to shoot on our rifle and pistol range. Previously recommended Fredericksburg is a short flight away. I can take you for some good BBQ and Mexican food. The doors always open. Bring one of your TAR .308's for fun.

Made it! 3413 miles and 34 hours GPS time 38.6 Tac time. Great trip and weather. Ran 2500 rpm and 110 mph most of the time, then there was the head wind from Tulsa to Fredericksburg TX YUCK!!!

Shooter, thanks for the great time in Utopia TX, great fun and you have a really cool place there!!!

Doug

IMG_6667.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6667.jpg
    IMG_6667.jpg
    813.4 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Colorguns,
I too had a great time. Glad your home safe. Thanks for bringing the demo raffle give away pistol. It looks fantastic. The 10,000 year old Mastodon tusk grips really set it off. Someone is going to win a beautiful custom made pistol. The craftsmanship is superb. Send me your photos and we will have everyone share in your adventure in the Spring issue.

Back