• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Bearhawk LSA

In the woods
Some of you flew with Bob Barrows out of the WAD last weekend and saw his LSA up close. I'm curious what you all thought of the plane, and candidly Bob was wondering how the LSA would be received by the great pilots of the Supercub crowd. It was good to have him in the mix, he's a very unassuming but cleaver man.

Last edited:
Three Bear Hawks at one fly-in! This weekend is Bob's own Bear Hawk fly-in at his place in VA if you are in the neighborhood.

I attended one of Bob's fly ins about ten years ago. It was a good weekend with nice wx, something many of his fly ins don't have. I consider Bob the MaGyver of homebuilt airplanes. He has a simple shop with mostly hand tools and not much in the way of big tools. With what he has, he designs them, builds them and flys them. Oh, he also builds the engines for his and many others. Me, I have a shop full of tools and a lot of time off and I don't get sh*t done. My wife says I have ADHD but I just think I'm lazy. I think Bob's LSA is perfect just like it is with a spanked up 90 hp continental.

Back