• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Narco AT165 TSO Bad screen

Seattle ,Greenlake
Not sure this is right place to post but the screen on the Narco transponder in my 1969 172 K has gone black again upon turning it to ON or to ALT,two times before I have had this happen and by turning it off then holding function while turning it to standby I could readjust the contrast and this would fix the problem,not this time,the screen stays black both sides,if you get at the right angle from screen you can see what's on screen faintly,where 1200 is you see the last zero the other three numbers are squiggly lines,anyone have a solution as NARCO is out of business?
Or anyone have a good deal on a Narco transponder that will slide in to my tray?The repair shop can still fix the 150 and still has repair manuals for them,nothing for the 165.
Thanks

Not sure this is right place to post but the screen on the Narco transponder in my 1969 172 K has gone black again upon turning it to ON or to ALT,two times before I have had this happen and by turning it off then holding function while turning it to standby I could readjust the contrast and this would fix the problem,not this time,the screen stays black both sides,if you get at the right angle from screen you can see what's on screen faintly,where 1200 is you see the last zero the other three numbers are squiggly lines,anyone have a solution as NARCO is out of business?
Or anyone have a good deal on a Narco transponder that will slide in to my tray?The repair shop can still fix the 150 and still has repair manuals for them,nothing for the 165.
Thanks
When my NARCO went south the second time I changed to a Garmin 327. It is REALLLLLLLY an easy change, I just got the Garmin adapter that fit the NARCO tray I had and it even uses your existing encoder and presto-chango you'll be a swaken fool, or a fool swaken if you get the code wrong. Overall it was less than 1.5 airplane unit$.

When my NARCO went south the second time I changed to a Garmin 327. It is REALLLLLLLY an easy change, I just got the Garmin adapter that fit the NARCO tray I had and it even uses your existing encoder and presto-chango you'll be a swaken fool, or a fool swaken if you get the code wrong. Overall it was less than 1.5 airplane unit$.

And, that Narco XPonder may make a decent door stop......

MTV

Sorry to hear of your luck. A friend who owns a radio shop in Pittsburgh, PA recently told me the story of how Narco forced him to take a few of these transponders a few years ago or risk losing his dealership. After he accepted and paid for them Narco closed up. He has a few new ones on the shelf he won't install. Might be worth a call. Bill Derrickson at Pittsburgh Air Radio. 412-469-8400.

Hello photosfromabove! I am really curious what became of your AT165 problem. I have one and it seems to be doing the exact same thing! Did you ever find a solution?? Thanks!

Back