Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Twin Cities MN Hangars

Post Thanks / Like

Twin Cities MN Hangars

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has any info on available hangar space near the twin cities. As a lot of you already know my Father suffered a massive stroke last year and doesn't look like he'll be flying much in the near future. Both our planes are up North about 4 hours from the cities currently. I'm trying to consolidate and get 1 big hangar to house the PA-12 and C-180 for now, or 2 hangars would work also, however I'd like to cut cost as much as possible. I'm willing to share a hangar with someone if it's big enough for everything.
    The fact is these planes can't just sit and need to be flown. I need to get them down to the cities where I can take care of them rather than them collecting dust 4 hours away from me.

Any help or info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Pm sent,

Butch
    Hutchinson MN

Post Thanks / Like
    Richard, if you are on the south side of Twin Cities you may want to check Stanton Airfield (507) 645-4030. It is a great airport for a 180 and -12. Beautiful place, great people, grass runways and I'm pretty sure they currently have some open hangar spaces.
    Last edited by Rh-mn; 08-09-2014 at 07:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Benson airport

We have 3 or 4 open t-hangers out at Benson (white bear lake)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Deblack View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has any info on available hangar space near the twin cities. As a lot of you already know my Father suffered a massive stroke last year and doesn't look like he'll be flying much in the near future. Both our planes are up North about 4 hours from the cities currently. I'm trying to consolidate and get 1 big hangar to house the PA-12 and C-180 for now, or 2 hangars would work also, however I'd like to cut cost as much as possible. I'm willing to share a hangar with someone if it's big enough for everything.
    The fact is these planes can't just sit and need to be flown. I need to get them down to the cities where I can take care of them rather than them collecting dust 4 hours away from me.

Any help or info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    The Airport Manager at our home airport, Anoka County KANE on the north side of the Twin Cities, told me that the number of GA aircraft in the 7 county area around the cities is declining. Part of the overall shrinking of GA. So you should have no problem finding a hangar. Of course the MAC airports close to the city center are the more expensive ones.