• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Retracing Flight of Passage

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
chrisandapril.JPG

Folks, we are closing in on the big day when Chris and April Nesin launch in the newly restored PA-11 that Rinker Buck and his brother Kern flew across country 48 years ago. If you have not read Rinker's book, "Flight of Passage", the inspiration for this journey, its is truly not just an aviation classic, but a great book about the journey of life.

This is the official information area for posts about the trip. There will be a dedicated web page, video streaming, spot tracking, and all the other goodies for us all to follow them along on their journey. You too, will have an opportunity to help them along the way.

Thanks, and stay tuned!

sj

Attachments

• chrisandapril.JPG
    chrisandapril.JPG
    366 KB · Views: 471
Awesome! Always wondered what happened to the plane. Will definitely follow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The website for the trip is not quite ready. There will be a big banner on the home page here to take you to it when it is in the next week.

Thanks!

sj

Bought the book and read 50+ pages last night. How do I contact Chris by email? I don't tweet.

Ralf, you can send him a private message through supercub.org, his username is nesincg

He also reads the contact messages on the flightofpassage.com website

sj

Great book and adventure. I would love to make the same trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom, are you moving to California? :)

There is a reason all those people live there....

sj

Hey, just checking in. You finished the trip before I finished the book (which I did today). It hit home, I am a year older than Rinker and my father was a WW2 pilot.

I had the opportunity to stop into Palo Alto airport today and meet Chris and his mom. What great and personable people. I also met Lennie, but he was too tired to talk much!
Chris had put his wife April on a jet at sfo earlier this morning so I did not have the pleasure of meeting her. Chris looked a little on the tired side from this adventure, imagine, only 3 weeks out of major rebuild and already flown coast to coast. What an accomplishment!! 4971H looks real good and seems to be performing well, has plenty of trip dirt on her, which I think is bothering Chris. I would like to thank Chris and April and Pierce and Charlie and Donald and anyone else that helped on this project. Saving 4971H was the right thing to do, and brings to life the Flight of Passage again. Well done all. Steve Kosby

He has been trying to wash it for weeks. When my cub was there it made his look even better. They look better with a layer of dirt and bugs

Back