• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

A chinese's PA18 project----I need your sugestion.

attachment.php
I frabricate wing left end fork and joint with TC4 tataium,Tensile strength:950MPa,Yield strength:890MPa,
attachment.php
And made a simple jig for my dynamic foucus type 1 engine mount,It's hard to locating center hole of mount ring.
attachment.php
Test assumbly tail control surface.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    3 MB · Views: 847
  • 2.png
    2.png
    614.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 3.png
    3.png
    765.8 KB · Views: 807
  • 5.png
    5.png
    646.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 7.png
    7.png
    1 MB · Views: 795
The engine mount ring is designed by me,because I purchased a Lord ENG mount J9613-40,that not fit the aircraftspruce part No.33521,so I have to modifying ring and re-bend the tubing,a little weight than 33521,I think I can get more strength.But when I modeling a demension of Engine mount,I find focusing point is defferent from upper ring and lower ring,the difference is .41inch.I dont understanding this,but I guess that not a problem.They are all foucus on thrust line.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 8.png
    8.png
    971.4 KB · Views: 830
[FONT=zuoyeFont_mathFont]Spring Festival [/FONT]
[FONT=zuoyeFont_mathFont]The Spring festival is the most important festival in China.[/FONT]
[FONT=zuoyeFont_mathFont]It is on January 1st according to the Chinese lunar calendar.[/FONT]
[FONT=zuoyeFont_mathFont]It's China's New year's Day So usually a month before the [/FONT]
[FONT=zuoyeFont_mathFont]festiva,people begin to buy food clothes and decorations for [/FONT]
[FONT=zuoyeFont_mathFont]houses.[/FONT]
[FONT=zuoyeFont_mathFont]On New Year Eve,each family will gather together eating,[/FONT]
[FONT=zuoyeFont_mathFont]talking and watching TV for almost the whole night.The children [/FONT]
[FONT=zuoyeFont_mathFont]are the happiest of all because they can get presents from [/FONT]
[FONT=zuoyeFont_mathFont]their parents or grand-parents.[/FONT]
[FONT=zuoyeFont_mathFont]On Lunar New Year's Day.pepole will eat dumplings.[/FONT]
[FONT=zuoyeFont_mathFont]When they meet their neighbours or friends,they'll say:”Happy [/FONT]
[FONT=zuoyeFont_mathFont]New Year!”The New Year celebrating activitise will last about [/FONT]
[FONT=zuoyeFont_mathFont]half a month.[/FONT]

Hope none of those airplanes were built with Harbor Freight tools.
:roll:Ya,maybe,but I think the right principle is good price good quality,China is not only make cheap wares but also make very expensive wares,that's depend on how much money you paid.

:roll:Ya,maybe,but I think the right principle is good price good quality,China is not only make cheap wares but also make very expensive wares,that's depend on how much money you paid.
Actually,depend on how much money the dealer paid,most dealers of China manufacturer are American,they allways wants earn more money form you,so,disrepute belongs to China.that's the truth.

Last edited:
Your Cub appears to be of a very high quality. I'm enjoying following your progress. Keep up the good work.

Actually,depend on how much money the dealer paid,most of dealer of China manufacturer is American,they allways wants earn more money form you,so,disrepute belongs to China.that's the truth.
1.png2.pngA set of wrench is RMB27 equal to 5 USD,that's cheap,I guess that's not good enough.A set of good quality screwdriver sells at price RMB8113 equal to 1250 US dollar roughly.They are all made in China,what's your choise?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 230
  • 2.png
    2.png
    204.1 KB · Views: 386
I'm wondering how the flying will be for you in China, when flying jets there it seemed a little confusing to say the least. The military commanders of the region controlled all the airspace in their area and would open and close airspace at their will. Once in BJ the controllers off-set us and launched a turbo-prop at us then gave us a turn on the LOC when he started a turn off the loc .at that point I was wondering what would happen if one was to go- around. Made Kennedy seem orderly,lol.

Its says based on Honda, what does that mean? Anyone know anything about these? Can you get use to a engine running 5-6000 rpms?

Last edited:
I'm wondering how the flying will be for you in China, when flying jets there it seemed a little confusing to say the least. The military commanders of the region controlled all the airspace in their area and would open and close airspace at their will. Once in BJ the controllers off-set us and launched a turbo-prop at us then gave us a turn on the LOC when he started a turn off the loc .at that point I was wondering what would happen if one was to go- around. Made Kennedy seem orderly,lol.
The way of living in China is find a indigene,since in China and all the world,hidden rules are default behavior.Just find a right chinese.

Hey Sageelite, You're doing a Super Cub in China and I'm doing a Nanchang CJ-6 in the US. Kinda strange how some things work out. I'm also rebuilding a Supercub. Keep up the good work. Don

Hey Sageelite, You're doing a Super Cub in China and I'm doing a Nanchang CJ-6 in the US. Kinda strange how some things work out. I'm also rebuilding a Supercub. Keep up the good work. Don
Thanks Dan.I am busy on my job in those days,the porcess of build had to breaking for couple of monthes.

5.pngBecause I find many data error in kit manufacturer's drawing,like bug66 said in his log website. I had to modeling a 66'' chord wing and a fuselage for verify design data.So I got another question,maybe I‘ve made mistakes,the top tubing's installation method of fuselage,pls see photo below:
front.jpg2.png3.png4.jpg Can anybody tell me the right installtion way of rooftop tubing????Appricate.Maybe a close photo of your fuselage is enough.

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    1,006.7 KB · Views: 349
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 252
  • 3.png
    3.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 245
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 347
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 240
View attachment 25958Because I find many data error in kit manufacturer's drawing,like bug66 said in his log website. I had to modeling a 66'' chord wing and a fuselage for verify design data.So I got another question,maybe I‘ve made mistakes,the top tubing's installation method of fuselage,pls see photo below:
View attachment 25962View attachment 25959View attachment 25960View attachment 25961 Can anybody tell me the right installtion way of rooftop tubing????Appricate.Maybe a close photo of your fuselage is enough.

你好,我也是中国的。看了你的帖子,对这个飞机非常的了解,很想跟您学习学习,可以留个联系方式吗?我的电话/微信15577330702

Google translation:

Hello, I am also in China. Read your post, the aircraft is very understanding, would like to learn with you to learn, you can leave a contact? My phone / micro letter 15577330702

Google translation:

Hello, I am also in China. Read your post, the aircraft is very understanding, would like to learn with you to learn, you can leave a contact? My phone / micro letter 15577330702
I can see there are a lot of grammatical mistakes.

Back