Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A chinese's PA18 project----I need your sugestion.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool A chinese's PA18 project----I need your sugestion.

Frist of all ,I am not good at english,pls forgive my expression.I would like to share my PA18 project story here for fun and get some useful sugestion,in another hand,I can practise my english.I am appreciate for anyone teach me english to.maybe I will share some pictures and story about indigenous chinese life and what we are thinking and doing if Mr SJ agree this.This story will refresh untimely because I have to work or deal with my business and my wife,kids,etc.For purpose of active this thread or let this thread hot,I will publish a few pictures of aircraft made in China.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1398125908902_737.jpg 
Views:	690 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	15585Frist,a beauty from China.Do you want her number?LOL

Name:	IMG_3113_20140213203456.jpg 
Views:	427 
Size:	561.3 KB 
ID:	15586Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3129_20140213203622.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	714.0 KB 
ID:	15587My engine and hand,that is a Superior IO360-B1AC2 made in America.

Name:	IMG_3702.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	693.2 KB 
ID:	15588This is a chinese guy welding fuselage.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	sand belt grinder.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	15589Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sand belt grinder1.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	15590Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sand belt grinder2.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	15591Sand belt grinder,a important tool for grindering 4130 pipe orifice.This product is dedicated to a knife,but I think i can use the roller grindering steel pipe.The price is 3600CNY about 600USD in China market.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sageelite View Post

Name:	sand belt grinder.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	15589Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sand belt grinder1.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	15590Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sand belt grinder2.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	15591Sand belt grinder,a important tool for grindering 4130 pipe orifice.This product is dedicated to a knife,but I think i can use the roller grindering steel pipe.The price is 3600CNY about 600USD in China market.
    I am not sure grindering the pipe myself or purchse pipe kit from VR3,that is expensive for me.What's about your sugestion?

Laporte, Minnesota and the white sandy beaches of NW Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sageelite.
    Welcome aboard!!! I have traveled and lived in many places but was never able to make it to Chine. I have seen some very awe inspiring pictures of your country and hope to one day make it there.
    I can only imagine the hurdles you must jump in order to fly and build there but want to wish you the best of luck. I can't give any advice on the grinder since I haven't built a fuselage.

Oh, just send that lovely looking lady here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sageelite,
    I wouldn't waste the money on the fancy belt sander. To grind your fish mouths, you can use a pair of snips for .032 wall or thinner. For any thickness, use either a regular bench grinder, or can put an angle grinder in a vice. Both of these can be had in our Chinese supermarket here called Harbor Freight for under $30. Countless homebuilts have been built this way. You can determine all of your fish mouths very accurately with the web tool on Metal Geek: http://www.metalgeek.com/static/cope.pcgi

Good luck with your project! That is one pretty lady you have there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sageelite, welcome aboard and good luck with your project. Will you be able to fly this plane in China when you get it finished? I understand the airspace is all owned by the military and very restrictive on any flying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with your project sageelite. I have flown in china for many years. Mostly from europe to shenzhen. During my many trips through china I have never seen a private light plane being flown. You should get some Harbor Freight tools and boost your country's economy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to China in the future,WWhunter.I think she's a amazing country for a American.Especially China has all kinds of cate or food behind yours and mine imagination,I have traveled to Canada and America in 2012,the chinese food in your country is very different from China indigenous food,it have changed a lot.besides,nowadays China have any modern technical facility,if you live in China,you would feel comfortably.

Yes,the project have a lot of difficulties,but I believe I could accomplish that.The most difficulty thing is money,I am not the richer man in China.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sageelite

Ni hao!

I"m in Beijing traveling to Shanghai, Shenzhen and other cities soon. Shall we meet? My China mobile is 132 6013 9363. I have owned and modified many Super Cubs and visited many airfields in China. Things are changing slowly but surely.

Let's get together. Where are you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs66 View Post
    Sageelite,
    I wouldn't waste the money on the fancy belt sander. To grind your fish mouths, you can use a pair of snips for .032 wall or thinner. For any thickness, use either a regular bench grinder, or can put an angle grinder in a vice. Both of these can be had in our Chinese supermarket here called Harbor Freight for under $30. Countless homebuilts have been built this way. You can determine all of your fish mouths very accurately with the web tool on Metal Geek:

I cant open the link,I amnot sure what happened.Do you like that lady?lol,if you like her I will give her number to you,you could contact her directly.a jok.

Name:	111.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	307.6 KB 
ID:	15599Do you mean the tool like this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyMike View Post
    Sageelite

Ni hao!

I"m in Beijing traveling to Shanghai, Shenzhen and other cities soon. Shall we meet? My China mobile is 132 6013 9363. I have owned and modified many Super Cubs and visited many airfields in China. Things are changing slowly but surely.

WOW,you know NI Hao,When r

u get to China.I live in Sian city,famous in Terra-Cotta Warriors,why not go to Sian?We could talk about my project face to face.I can be you guide for free.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW,you know NI Hao,When r

u get to China.I live in Sian city,famous in Terra-Cotta Warriors,why not go to Sian?We could talk about my project face to face.I can be you guide for free.
    Yes,the policy of airfield is changing but slowly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sageelite

Ni hao!

Yes,the policy is changing but slowly,I believe the aviation market of China is the bigest market of the world in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub junkie View Post
    Good luck with your project sageelite. I have flown in china for many years. Mostly from europe to shenzhen. During my many trips through china I have never seen a private light plane being flown. You should get some Harbor Freight tools and boost your country's economy.
    Yes,the situation is changing but slowly.Last year,the goverment of China opened part of airfield in LanZhou city,Sian City and so on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iflylower View Post
    Sageelite, welcome aboard and good luck with your project. Will you be able to fly this plane in China when you get it finished? I understand the airspace is all owned by the military and very restrictive on any flying.
    If you pay you can do anything in China.lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Sageelite,
    I wouldn't waste the money on the fancy belt sander. To grind your fish mouths, you can use a pair of snips for .032 wall or thinner. For any thickness, use either a regular bench grinder, or can put an angle grinder in a vice. Both of these can be had in our Chinese supermarket here called Harbor Freight for under $30. Countless homebuilts have been built this way. You can determine all of your fish mouths very accurately with the web tool on Metal Geek:

Oh,I know what the snip is,I find it in a dictionary.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snip.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	15603On
    web market.It's cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh,I know what the snip is,I find it in a dictionary.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snip.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	15603On
    web market.It's cheaper.
    Here is a bench grinder:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-...der-39797.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Sageelite

Ni hao!

WhiskyMike,I am glad to you get to China soon,I told this message to Mr LiXiaoPing who is my net friend and live in ShenZhen city.He built a aircraft(not PA1by himself,he said if you like he want meet you in ShenZhen and discuss some technical questions,do you want meet him? Here is pictures of his aircraft.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lixiaoping2.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	15605Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lixiaoping.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	15606

Post Thanks / Like
    When it comes to tools for the tubing, there have been many fuselages built using a hacksaw and a round file to cut and fit the tubing. It is not about the cost or the number of tools. It is about the skill and craftsmanship of the builder. jrh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr LiXiaoPing who is my net friend and live in ShenZhen city.He built a aircraft(not PA1by himself,he said if you like he want meet you in ShenZhen and discuss some technical

I know this man in Shenzhen, and visited him recently at his airfield base in Shaoguan. He took us there in his car. Call me anytime. I'm here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr LiXiaoPing who is my net friend and live in ShenZhen city.He built a aircraft(not PA1by himself,he said if you like he want meet you in ShenZhen and discuss some technical

I know this man in Shenzhen, and visited him recently at his airfield base in Shaoguan. He took us there in his car. Call me anytime. I'm here.
    Wow,What a coincidence!You are welocme to Sian/Xi'an city.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wayne,maybe you will find my Dads old P-51,I think it made into pots and pans,like to visit his old bases some day.Mom did. So any work in Chicago this year?
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like
    Sageelite,

Bug66,I read your web site carefully that spend my 3 hours,wow,you did a excellent work on your PA18.One of big problems of mine are materials like steel,aluminium without suitable size in China market,I have to purchase in America and ship to China.Would you like tell me where can I buy "I" type aluminum spar?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know a guy that built airplane that has moved a part of his company in China. I'm sure he can supply you all the material needed.

http://bushcaddy.com/en/

Tony PH +86 150 7197 2971.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RAC cubs View Post
    Wayne,maybe you will find my Dads old P-51,I think it made into pots and pans,like to visit his old bases some day.Mom did. So any work in Chicago this year?
    Ted
    Ted. Yes you bet. Was your dad shot down? P-51, not BF-109 Messerschmidt? What side was he on? Cheesehead too??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Olibuilt View Post
    I know a guy that built airplane that has moved a part of his company in China. I'm sure he can supply you all the material needed.

That's a good news for me!Thank you,I'll call him.
    Last edited by sageelite; 04-25-2014 at 06:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bug66,I read your web site carefully that spend my 3 hours,wow,you did a excellent work on your PA18.One of big problems of mine are materials like steel,aluminium without suitable size in China market,I have to purchase in America and ship to China.Would you like tell me where can I buy "I" type aluminum spar?
    Stoddards, Univair (Dodge)....direct cargo flights from ANC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Olibuilt View Post

Tony's mobile phone have power off.Maybe he is sleeping in America home.lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    nanook,what's ANC?Can I ask you a question?What the different of the tires model Alaskan Bushwheel and Beaver bushwheel?Why are they so more expensive than Tundra tires?

Post Thanks / Like
    ANC = Anchorage, Alaska...

Talk to Airframes Alaska about Bushwheels...

Post Thanks / Like
    Wayne he was from Ohio. 14th air force Flying Tigers 51st Fighter Group,25th fighter Squadron ( OUR ASSAM DRAGGINS) . P 40s P51 THE DAMYANKEE based Kunming and Yuaannyi,then a place just north of Nanning,was called Posh in Guangxi but the new name is Baise in Guangxi.lived their 7 months 21 years old with 21 P-51s till the end of the war.they gave there planes to China and went home.The Republic of China awarded him Chinese Air Force Wings. Which I have.Many flights south into French Indo China,lost most of the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very, very interesting. My dad spent 2 & 1/2 years in Guadalcanal, Now we drive Toyotas and Hondas, and one Audi. Go figure!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sage elite, did you ever receive the northland drawings I shipped you?

sj
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ View Post
    Sage elite, did you ever receive the northland drawings I shipped you?

sj
    SJ,I am not only not receive your drawings but also not receive the CD disc that send by Mike who is from YAKIMA aerosport,I download drawings form web site supercubproject issued by Bug66.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    nanook,would you like post a link of I-beam aluminum blank spar and aileron&flap blank spar for me?I cant find that.Thank you.
    Last edited by sageelite; 04-28-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    SJ,I am not only not receive your drawings but also not receive the CD disc that send by Mike who is from YAKIMA aerosport,I download drawings form web site supercubproject issued by Bug66.
    Well, my first attempt at shipping to China was a failure. Somebody over there has the CD as it never came back!

sj
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    I am very sorry for that happened,the loss rate is higher send by USPS,here is a screenshot picture of someone complain that in internet.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	捕获.PNG 
Views:	152 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	15672

Post Thanks / Like
    I am very sorry for that happened,the loss rate is higher send by USPS,here is a screenshot picture of someone complain that in internet.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	捕获.PNG 
Views:	152 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	15672
    I mean maybe USPS is always do well in America,but seems to have gone off in China.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sageelite. I'm in Wuhan the next 3 days. Are you anywhere nearby over the Holiday

Post Thanks / Like
    Wayne any banner towers over there?