• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

A chinese's PA18 project----I need your sugestion.

Wayne he was from Ohio. 14th air force Flying Tigers 51st Fighter Group,25th fighter Squadron ( OUR ASSAM DRAGGINS) . P 40s P51 THE DAMYANKEE based Kunming and Yuaannyi,then a place just north of Nanning,was called Posh in Guangxi but the new name is Baise in Guangxi.lived their 7 months 21 years old with 21 P-51s till the end of the war.they gave there planes to China and went home.The Republic of China awarded him Chinese Air Force Wings. Which I have.Many flights south into French Indo China,lost most of the time.

Very, very interesting. My dad spent 2 & 1/2 years in Guadalcanal, Now we drive Toyotas and Hondas, and one Audi. Go figure!

Sage elite, did you ever receive the northland drawings I shipped you?

sj

Sage elite, did you ever receive the northland drawings I shipped you?

sj
SJ,I am not only not receive your drawings but also not receive the CD disc that send by Mike who is from YAKIMA aerosport,I download drawings form web site supercubproject issued by Bug66.

Stoddards, Univair (Dodge)....direct cargo flights from ANC
nanook,would you like post a link of I-beam aluminum blank spar and aileron&flap blank spar for me?I cant find that.Thank you.

Last edited:
SJ,I am not only not receive your drawings but also not receive the CD disc that send by Mike who is from YAKIMA aerosport,I download drawings form web site supercubproject issued by Bug66.

Well, my first attempt at shipping to China was a failure. Somebody over there has the CD as it never came back!

sj

I am very sorry for that happened,the loss rate is higher send by USPS,here is a screenshot picture of someone complain that in internet. 捕获.PNG

Attachments

• 捕获.PNG
    捕获.PNG
    201.9 KB · Views: 318
Sageelite,
I wouldn't waste the money on the fancy belt sander. To grind your fish mouths, you can use a pair of snips for .032 wall or thinner. For any thickness, use either a regular bench grinder, or can put an angle grinder in a vice. Both of these can be had in our Chinese supermarket here called Harbor Freight for under $30. Countless homebuilts have been built this way. You can determine all of your fish mouths very accurately with the web tool on Metal Geek:

Good luck with your project! That is one pretty lady you have there!
Bug66,I cant download the dawing "Piper Rib CAD drawing (13814)" in your website,please send me one.thank you.mailbox:sageelite%sina.com

In those days,I designed my own rib use solidworks,but I am not sure that is correct,I would appreciate for your advice.Frist,I find a USA35bMOD airfoil that is a PDF file then I translate the file to DWG file use a tool named PDF2DWG and leading-in Solidworks drawn my rib.I plan put wing spar through the hole pre-cut in the rib,the hole is I font pre-cut by a laser cutting machine,I think in this way I will not destory integrity of aluminum rib.Besides,I want extend the flap&aileron 4" then the width of my wing will reach 67",is it right?rib full.jpgrib full2.jpg

Attachments

• rib full.jpg
    rib full.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 243
  • rib full2.jpg
    rib full2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 209
A long time,I have to deal with my job work and my family and made a big decision in last month,decide immigrate to Canda,because I guess I can fly free in Canda like in America,but I still love my monther country---------China.

Within ten days,I resigned and finished my fuselage(birdcage) spot welding in my evacuate parlour with a worker who is a certified welder from my company,I think two people construct much faster than one.

My family and I live in a 240 square meter apartment,that is 2583 sq.ft roughly,I have a very large parlour that can save money,if I rent a factory building will spent my CNY5000 per month,that is 816USD,can buy a set of landing gear in America.And I think homebuilt must built something in home,LOL.in this way,I am not only save site fee but also save travel expense(because the #97 gasoline is CNY8.16 per liter,US$5 per us gal) and time,can environmental protection and economical.Not like American most of them live in detached house,most of chinese are live in town house(apartment,that is very expensive I think).Although that is difficult to move a fuselage to frist floor,I have to let the fuselage down by a rope though the door on balcony when the accessory part finished.

Next step what part should I fabricate is optimal?I want listen to your advice.

IMG_2271.jpgI use this nibble t btubing.

Attachments

• IMG_2266.jpg
    IMG_2266.jpg
    749.6 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_2271.jpg
    IMG_2271.jpg
    684.9 KB · Views: 423
Back