• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

A chinese's PA18 project----I need your sugestion.

sageelite

Xi‘an city china
:lol:Frist of all ,I am not good at english,pls forgive my expression.I would like to share my PA18 project story here for fun and get some useful sugestion,in another hand,I can practise my english.I am appreciate for anyone teach me english to.maybe I will share some pictures and story about indigenous chinese life and what we are thinking and doing if Mr SJ agree this.This story will refresh untimely because I have to work or deal with my business and my wife,kids,etc.For purpose of active this thread or let this thread hot,I will publish a few pictures of aircraft made in China.
1398125908902_737.jpgFrist,a beauty from China.Do you want her number?LOL
IMG_3113_20140213203456.jpgIMG_3129_20140213203622.jpgMy engine and hand,that is a Superior IO360-B1AC2 made in America.
IMG_3702.jpgThis is a chinese guy welding fuselage.

Attachments

• 1398125908902_737.jpg
    1398125908902_737.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 1,030
  • IMG_3113_20140213203456.jpg
    IMG_3113_20140213203456.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_3129_20140213203622.jpg
    IMG_3129_20140213203622.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_3702.jpg
    IMG_3702.jpg
    693.2 KB · Views: 815
sand belt grinder.jpgsand belt grinder1.jpgsand belt grinder2.jpgSand belt grinder,a important tool for grindering 4130 pipe orifice.This product is dedicated to a knife,but I think i can use the roller grindering steel pipe.The price is 3600CNY about 600USD in China market.

Attachments

• sand belt grinder.jpg
    sand belt grinder.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 386
  • sand belt grinder1.jpg
    sand belt grinder1.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 408
  • sand belt grinder2.jpg
    sand belt grinder2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 559
Sageelite.
Welcome aboard!!! I have traveled and lived in many places but was never able to make it to Chine. I have seen some very awe inspiring pictures of your country and hope to one day make it there.
I can only imagine the hurdles you must jump in order to fly and build there but want to wish you the best of luck. I can't give any advice on the grinder since I haven't built a fuselage.

Oh, just send that lovely looking lady here. ;)

Sageelite,
I wouldn't waste the money on the fancy belt sander. To grind your fish mouths, you can use a pair of snips for .032 wall or thinner. For any thickness, use either a regular bench grinder, or can put an angle grinder in a vice. Both of these can be had in our Chinese supermarket here called Harbor Freight for under $30. Countless homebuilts have been built this way. You can determine all of your fish mouths very accurately with the web tool on Metal Geek: http://www.metalgeek.com/static/cope.pcgi

Good luck with your project! That is one pretty lady you have there!

Sageelite, welcome aboard and good luck with your project. Will you be able to fly this plane in China when you get it finished? I understand the airspace is all owned by the military and very restrictive on any flying.

Good luck with your project sageelite. I have flown in china for many years. Mostly from europe to shenzhen. During my many trips through china I have never seen a private light plane being flown. You should get some Harbor Freight tools and boost your country's economy.

Welcome to China in the future,WWhunter.I think she's a amazing country for a American.Especially China has all kinds of cate or food behind yours and mine imagination,I have traveled to Canada and America in 2012,the chinese food in your country is very different from China indigenous food,it have changed a lot.besides,nowadays China have any modern technical facility,if you live in China,you would feel comfortably.

Yes,the project have a lot of difficulties,but I believe I could accomplish that.The most difficulty thing is money,I am not the richer man in China.

Sageelite

Ni hao!

I"m in Beijing traveling to Shanghai, Shenzhen and other cities soon. Shall we meet? My China mobile is 132 6013 9363. I have owned and modified many Super Cubs and visited many airfields in China. Things are changing slowly but surely.

Let's get together. Where are you?

Sageelite,
I wouldn't waste the money on the fancy belt sander. To grind your fish mouths, you can use a pair of snips for .032 wall or thinner. For any thickness, use either a regular bench grinder, or can put an angle grinder in a vice. Both of these can be had in our Chinese supermarket here called Harbor Freight for under $30. Countless homebuilts have been built this way. You can determine all of your fish mouths very accurately with the web tool on Metal Geek:

I cant open the link,I amnot sure what happened.Do you like that lady?lol,if you like her I will give her number to you,you could contact her directly.a jok.
111.jpgDo you mean the tool like this?

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 545
Sageelite

Ni hao!

I"m in Beijing traveling to Shanghai, Shenzhen and other cities soon. Shall we meet? My China mobile is 132 6013 9363. I have owned and modified many Super Cubs and visited many airfields in China. Things are changing slowly but surely.

WOW,you know NI Hao,When r

u get to China.I live in Sian city,famous in Terra-Cotta Warriors,why not go to Sian?We could talk about my project face to face.I can be you guide for free.

WOW,you know NI Hao,When r

u get to China.I live in Sian city,famous in Terra-Cotta Warriors,why not go to Sian?We could talk about my project face to face.I can be you guide for free.
Yes,the policy of airfield is changing but slowly.

Sageelite

Ni hao!

Yes,the policy is changing but slowly,I believe the aviation market of China is the bigest market of the world in the future.

Good luck with your project sageelite. I have flown in china for many years. Mostly from europe to shenzhen. During my many trips through china I have never seen a private light plane being flown. You should get some Harbor Freight tools and boost your country's economy.
Yes,the situation is changing but slowly.Last year,the goverment of China opened part of airfield in LanZhou city,Sian City and so on.

Sageelite, welcome aboard and good luck with your project. Will you be able to fly this plane in China when you get it finished? I understand the airspace is all owned by the military and very restrictive on any flying.
If you pay you can do anything in China.lol

Sageelite,
I wouldn't waste the money on the fancy belt sander. To grind your fish mouths, you can use a pair of snips for .032 wall or thinner. For any thickness, use either a regular bench grinder, or can put an angle grinder in a vice. Both of these can be had in our Chinese supermarket here called Harbor Freight for under $30. Countless homebuilts have been built this way. You can determine all of your fish mouths very accurately with the web tool on Metal Geek:

Oh,I know what the snip is,I find it in a dictionary.snip.jpgOn
web market.It's cheaper.

Attachments

• snip.jpg
    snip.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 497
Sageelite

Ni hao!

WhiskyMike,I am glad to you get to China soon,I told this message to Mr LiXiaoPing who is my net friend and live in ShenZhen city.He built a aircraft(not PA18)by himself,he said if you like he want meet you in ShenZhen and discuss some technical questions,do you want meet him? Here is pictures of his aircraft.lixiaoping2.jpglixiaoping.jpg

Attachments

• lixiaoping2.jpg
    lixiaoping2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 388
  • lixiaoping.jpg
    lixiaoping.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 357
When it comes to tools for the tubing, there have been many fuselages built using a hacksaw and a round file to cut and fit the tubing. It is not about the cost or the number of tools. It is about the skill and craftsmanship of the builder. jrh

Mr LiXiaoPing who is my net friend and live in ShenZhen city.He built a aircraft(not PA1:cool:by himself,he said if you like he want meet you in ShenZhen and discuss some technical

I know this man in Shenzhen, and visited him recently at his airfield base in Shaoguan. He took us there in his car. Call me anytime. I'm here.

Mr LiXiaoPing who is my net friend and live in ShenZhen city.He built a aircraft(not PA1:cool:by himself,he said if you like he want meet you in ShenZhen and discuss some technical

I know this man in Shenzhen, and visited him recently at his airfield base in Shaoguan. He took us there in his car. Call me anytime. I'm here.
Wow,What a coincidence!You are welocme to Sian/Xi'an city.

Wayne,maybe you will find my Dads old P-51,I think it made into pots and pans,like to visit his old bases some day.Mom did. So any work in Chicago this year?
Ted

Sageelite,

Bug66,I read your web site carefully that spend my 3 hours,wow,you did a excellent work on your PA18.One of big problems of mine are materials like steel,aluminium without suitable size in China market,I have to purchase in America and ship to China.Would you like tell me where can I buy "I" type aluminum spar?

Wayne,maybe you will find my Dads old P-51,I think it made into pots and pans,like to visit his old bases some day.Mom did. So any work in Chicago this year?
Ted

Ted. Yes you bet. Was your dad shot down? P-51, not BF-109 Messerschmidt? What side was he on? Cheesehead too??

:lol:

I know a guy that built airplane that has moved a part of his company in China. I'm sure he can supply you all the material needed.

Tony PH +86 150 7197 2971.
That's a good news for me!Thank you,I'll call him.

Last edited:
Bug66,I read your web site carefully that spend my 3 hours,wow,you did a excellent work on your PA18.One of big problems of mine are materials like steel,aluminium without suitable size in China market,I have to purchase in America and ship to China.Would you like tell me where can I buy "I" type aluminum spar?

Stoddards, Univair (Dodge)....direct cargo flights from ANC

I know a guy that built airplane that has moved a part of his company in China. I'm sure he can supply you all the material needed.

Tony PH +86 150 7197 2971.
Tony's mobile phone have power off.Maybe he is sleeping in America home.lol

Stoddards, Univair (Dodge)....direct cargo flights from ANC
nanook,what's ANC?Can I ask you a question?What the different of the tires model Alaskan Bushwheel and Beaver bushwheel?Why are they so more expensive than Tundra tires?

Back