• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Barbie dolls and handcuffs . . .

Speedo

FOUNDER
TN
Barbie dolls and handcuffs are among the things left behind in my plane this week.

Sophie, a grandmother of 30 kids and great-grandmother of 39 kids, was returning to her village today. She was traveling with three of her great grand kids, ages five, four, and three. Probably the three most adorable Eskimo girls I've ever seen, dressed in kuspuqs with embroidered butterflies and wolf ruffs. The two oldest girls were clutching Barbie dolls with long blonde hair. One of the dolls wound up being forgotten, stuffed into a seat back pocket, its hair standing straight out in all directions due to the dry air. Fortunately the doll has been reunited with her girl by a thoughtful traveler.

Yesterday I transported three villagers to Bethel, courtesy of the State Troopers. It seems the villagers had a bit too much to drink. Rowdiness was followed by pepper spray, then 12 hours in the drunk tank, then a free flight to Bethel. Upon transferring the prisoners to the Bethel crew, my trooper tucked the handcuffs into a seat back pocket and forgot them. Good thing the Fun Police didn't find them: it would have been hard to explain.

Hi Eric, it's good to read your stories again - always entertaining! The thought picture of an Eskimo girl with a blond Barbie doll has me in stitches!

Anne.

Eric,

Your description of those little Yupik girls reminded me of the kindergarden Athapaskan kids in Circle City, all sitting around their classroom, playing "Wetlands Bingo" (my wife the teacher's invention). Nothing like Bingo Night to spool up the villages :lol:

Wish I'd taken photos, but the memories are there of those little ones......thanks for the reminder.

Spring should be be happening soon, eh?

MTV

Good stories Eric. Sounds like you're enjoying the flying.

Did you change jobs? I thought you had said last year that you were hauling freight only in the C-207 and no passengers.

Sounds like good fun!

The title of the thread had me thinking Eaton was in Jail and trying to get sell a collection for bail.

This was much better.

Sounds like good fun!

The title of the thread had me thinking Eaton was in Jail and trying to get sell a collection for bail.

This was much better.

thats odd!!!!!! my first thought when I read this thread involved Eaton too !!!!

Yes, I've changed companies and have been fortunate to remain in Aniak.

Hauling pax can be fun: lots of interesting folks, great way to get a better feel for the villages, and it's not quite as physically demanding as all-cargo ops.

My new employer flies a wider range of aircraft and eventually I anticipate having a chance to upgrade. In the mean time I am continuing to enjoy flying the 207 and I look forward to the rumored arrival of spring [it's not here yet, Mike, but the forecasts give me reason to be optimistic].

By the way, I still owe a debt of gratitude to Cloudy, Mike, Steve, Bob, SJ and others who have made introductions, given me leads, and offered good counsel. This has been a wonderful journey that wouldn't have happened were it not for them.

Yes, I've changed companies and have been fortunate to remain in Aniak.

Hauling pax can be fun: lots of interesting folks, great way to get a better feel for the villages, and it's not quite as physically demanding as all-cargo ops.

My new employer flies a wider range of aircraft and eventually I anticipate having a chance to upgrade. In the mean time I am continuing to enjoy flying the 207 and I look forward to the rumored arrival of spring [it's not here yet, Mike, but the forecasts give me reason to be optimistic].

By the way, I still owe a debt of gratitude to Cloudy, Mike, Steve, Bob, SJ and others who have made introductions, given me leads, and offered good counsel. This has been a wonderful journey that wouldn't have happened were it not for them.

Eric,

you going to make the Airmen's show in May? If so, we'll see you there. In the meantime, keep us posted on airborne ops in western AK.

MTV

Eric,

you going to make the Airmen's show in May? If so, we'll see you there. In the meantime, keep us posted on airborne ops in western AK.

MTV

I am scheduled to work that weekend, and barring a miracle I won't be able to make it. But if something unexpected comes up, like maybe we need to ferry a plane to Palmer, I'll be sure to get there.

Back