• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Searching for Piper Drawing 12534 - leading edge landing light

CF-UKP

Hi folks

I've been searching for Piper Drawing #12534 which is referenced in the Type Certificate for my PA-17 but am not having much luck. I found a thread from 2005 in this forum that spoke of an electronic version of the drawing and thought I'd drop a line to see if anyone could help find the source.

I already have the complete PA-15 drawing CD from the Shortwing Piper group but it doesn't include #12534 - does the Northland CD from this site contain the drawing now? It didn't seem to in the past, according to the thread from 2005. I don't mind purchasing a CD for the PA-18 but would like to know that I'll find the file there.

Thanks in advance!

Anne

Anne,
Did you ever find the dwg# 12534? I looked in that link but don't see it, wondering if you could tell me where you found it. Thanks
Thad

this post if from 2014 so Anne is not likely to reply but NO WORRIES, it's there. You need to click the link and then do the search for "Landing Light"

Thanks Grant, all I get is this, but no 12534?
14394-2Landing Light PartsPreviewOpen
12812Panel Assembly - Landing Light SwitchPreviewOpen
12807Panel - Landing Light SwitchPreviewOpen
12533Strip - Landing Light Window AttachmentPreviewOpen
12532Window - Landing LightPreviewOpen
12527Plate - Landing Light MountingPreviewOpen
12525Plate - Landing Light AttachmentPreviewOpen
12524Bracket - Landing Light Mounting

Landing light lens installation

Unfortunately Steve's drawing above is not clear on my computer. Therefore a couple of questions as the illustrations in the parts manual and the 'L21A Erection and Maintenace Instructions' do not address the landing light lens installation in sufficient detail.

1 Is the lens held in place by the attachment strips alone or is the lens drilled and self tapping screws used to hold the the strips and lens in place? or...........

2 Would it be good idea to use anchor nuts and #6 machine screws?

Many thanks

Frank

Landing light lens installation

Unfortunately Steve's drawing above is not clear on my computer. Therefore a couple of questions as the illustrations in the parts manual and the 'L21A Erection and Maintenace Instructions' do not address the landing light lens installation in sufficient detail.

1 Is the lens held in place by the attachment strips alone or is the lens drilled and self tapping screws used to hold the the strips and lens in place? or...........

2 Would it be good idea to use anchor nuts and #6 machine screws?

Many thanks

Frank
Send me your email address and I will email it to you.

Back