• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Support the Third Class Medical Legislation

Go Go Go Go Go, exciting to see the number of folks responding, would be great if we overwhelm them.
from EAA website; "Support the General Aviation Pilot Protection Act 8,081 People Have Sent 20,580 Letters and Emails"

Did he comment on the attitudes of the other committee members? The EAA group email thing is fine but I've added each committee member to my email list. If it doesn't move out of committee it dies. The focus group of politicians to address is small enough for me to email them directly in hopes that a personal message makes more impact than a canned one. What was his attitude?

Here's a link that provides contact info for each committee member. Scroll through the members, select, and look in the right margin for their contact info. http://www.opencongress.org/committee/show/147_house_committee_on_transportation_and_infrastructure

Collins is a pilot and understands the issues we all go thru with the medicals. I feel he is on the side to get rid of it and use the drivers license as the LSA does. A lot was going on and little time after I found out he was on the committee he was getting ready to leave

It appears Mr. Collins is a co-sponsor, not a committee member for infrastructure and transportation. An important role, but we need this bill to move out of committee. I hope some of you take the time to write to the committee members, too. Especially those of you who are their constituents. Thanks.

A refresher on how legislation goes from introduction to becoming law.
http://votesmart.org/education/how-a-bill-becomes-law#.UyZZnpK9KSN

- The bill is referred to the appropriate committee by the Speaker of the House or the presiding officer in the Senate. Most often, the actual referral decision is made by the House or Senate parliamentarian. Bills are placed on the calendar of the committee to which they have been assigned. Failure to act on a bill is equivalent to killing it.

Last edited:
Done. The problem is . . . common sense and government. Rarely can both be found together. Concerned that cubs will only be in museums by the time this gets done. But . . I would really like to not worry about getting my special issuance each time. Larry C.

Done. The problem is . . . common sense and government. Rarely can both be found together. Concerned that cubs will only be in museums by the time this gets done. But . . I would really like to not worry about getting my special issuance each time. Larry C.
Done deal, sure hope it passes !! I'm with you Larry, Common sense and Gov-ment do not go togeather.........Ding Dongs !!

Thanks very much for posting this. The process of sending a letter to my congressional representative was amazingly easy.
Now, if we can just ensure that they read the messages... but good luck with that. They respond to $$. Is there a process by which we can pledge $5.00 to ensure that they read our notes and 'care' about our concerns? As I said.. " Good luck with that"..

Thanks very much for posting this. The process of sending a letter to my congressional representative was amazingly easy.
Now, if we can just ensure that they read the messages... but good luck with that. They respond to $$. Is there a process by which we can pledge $5.00 to ensure that they read our notes and 'care' about our concerns? As I said.. " Good luck with that"..
From my experience, the Elected's won't typically read these but their staffers definitely will and they keep score and report!! keep those cards, letters, and emails coming and do attend local town hall events and speak up, corner a staffer, and tell them why you think this bill is GREAT.

Just received this as a response to the EAA link I posted earlier and used.

img.jpg

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 276
I got a response back from my congresswoman voicing support for the legislation. Both senators just said thanks for your comments - -

I noticed on the EAA website that Alaska has less than 400 people that have signed the petition! What's up with that! Get going AK!

The site you're signing on sends messages to the congressmen and senators that represent your address. The three that represent Alaska are already aligned to support the bill IF it moves out of subcommittee and then committee.

Just received this as a response to the EAA link I posted earlier and used.

Nice letter.
I also appreciate my Senator's acknowledgment email. But he is conserving words, so as to have a stockpile of prose to support this bill.

Tnx.jpg

Attachments

• Tnx.jpg
    Tnx.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 249
Back