• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Radio / transponder recommendations

BritishCubBloke

SPONSOR
Bellingen, NSW, Australia
I have the old Narco 720 com and correspondingly ancient transponder. I have been told I am probably going to have to get new kit to be compliant in Australia. Anyway got any recommendations?

Trigg transponder weight one lb with encoder installed MGL V6 com /with intercom 8.8 ounces !! Great mikeo

I bought a Sandia STX 165 on the last day of Oshkosh and saved a good chunk of money. It's the least expensive of the small transponders, and weighs just a few ounces more than the Trig. This post from the Sandia sales guy might help you find an even better discount than I got. I haven't had time to rework my panel this winter, so no field report yet.

soyAnarchisto,

you got some recommendations for avionics shop along the front range...?

I know there is a guy that can fly to you to do like transponder cert. but I too am needing to upgrade transponder.

Kem

PS I use Front Range airport.

Last edited:
I have a guy from meadow lak fly up and work in my xponder. He's real reasonable. He did the original installation like 11 or 12 years ago of my microair. I'd give him a call. Google dan fisher of mobile transponder services and you'll find his contact info. Good guy. I don't think if was expensive. Convenient he flys to you.

Ruffair, +1 on what soy said re: DAN the TRANsponder MAN. AOG at KFTG used to be very good too, but it changed hands a while back; haven't heard negative, but nothing current. Freedom Avionics at Jeffco is very good, and they know how to FIX stuff, even old Narco radios, not just install new. Let us know how things turn out. soy, glad you got your Microaire back from its holiday back in old Oz. I hope it behaves itself for awhile.

Thanks. cubscout

Back