• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Canada led the way......... our guns

How many police, TSA, other govment thugs, will decline, when ask to go against the citizens, to, disarm us?
There were a lot of honest people disarmed after the hurricane in New Orleans. They were trying to protect their property. From here it looked like bad cops, after the wrong folks.

Last edited:
If you want to get wound up about government overstepping their bounds, read about Ruby Ridge. By most accounts the agents on the ground thought they were doing their jobs. Scary stuff.

Here's a book some of you may enjoy. "Them: Adventures with Extremists" by Jon Ronson.
And a link to another interesting read. http://www.hyoomik.com/lublin/tolerance.pdf

My personal peeve. It is illegal in the USA to purchase a handgun from a licensed dealer outside your declared home state. And Americans think gun control isn't already happening.

And just for fun.....

Last edited:
Sierra Bravo, thanks for that Gun Free Zone post. Am copying and forwarding that so someone I know who really needs to see it, my daughter. She thinks guns should be totally outlawed. As a veteran of a foriegn war, I have tried to get her to understand that if it weren't for guns, her skin would have been used to make a lampshade long before now....

Desperado,

re: your earlier post about defending yourself against the government, it struck a chord so I found a video for you. This is primarily an interview with one of Randy Weaver's daughters, who seems to be an amazingly well grounded young lady considering her life experiences. I remembered her talking about guns and the government, and in particular a statement about what happens when the government decides to "get" you. Take a few minutes to watch part 1 at least. Perhaps share it with your daughter. and for the record, I'm not a fundamentalist or extremist. I'm just a guy navigating the middle ground. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I9-Ih4H70MM&desktop_uri=/watch?v=I9-Ih4H70MM

SB

NYC schools had target ranges in the basements up till the 1970s. We are a free nation because of guns but we don't teach gun safety at school. We teach sex ed, drivers ed but we ignore firearm safety. And when some " uneducated " kid shoots someone they tell us it's the gun owners fault. My opinion is that if your a parent and didn't have the smarts to teach your children about firearm safety that social services should come knocking on your door, " your a bad parent ".

Glenn

Sara Weaver is my neighbor. Nice gal. Randy lived here for a while after he got out. I met him a few times and he sure seemed ok to me. ...when he was sober. I can't imagine going through all that they did and not having it effect you. They're always welcome on my property!
John

A fireman friend of mine had a low opinion of cops....after discussing it with him, I determined that both of us agreed with the idea that they were far too involved with "groupthink", namely, the idea of "them vs us", where "them" even applied to firemen...that made them too susceptible to being mind-controlled by their superiors....

Old Russian joke:"Why do Estonians pour oil on their flower gardens?" ans: "To keep their guns from rusting"....

Back