• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

North East Ski flying/ 2014 Fly Ins

Suncook Lake NH ice racing

Some images captured from Saturday's flight.
Emily in the RV was the only one who could not land on the snow covered lake.
Check out the studded tires on the moto cross bikes.

Attachments

• Skiplane flying-1030.jpg
    Skiplane flying-1030.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 115
  • Skiplane flying-1060.jpg
    Skiplane flying-1060.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • Skiplane flying-1092.jpg
    Skiplane flying-1092.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
  • Skiplane flying-1087.jpg
    Skiplane flying-1087.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 164
  • Skiplane flying-1073.jpg
    Skiplane flying-1073.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
  • Skiplane flying-02013.jpg
    Skiplane flying-02013.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 139
  • Skiplane flying-02010.jpg
    Skiplane flying-02010.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 142
  • Skiplane flying-02008.jpg
    Skiplane flying-02008.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
  • Skiplane flying-01996.jpg
    Skiplane flying-01996.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 128
Bill, those are some sharp looking pictures! Here's a video (and some embedded pictures) from our day. No fancy music. No fancy transitions. The video from the old GoPro "1" in the Bearhawk looks like an old VHS (the Hero 3+ in the RV looks MUCH better). ...and it it longer than it should be, but we had a lot of fun and its hard for an amateur like me to cut that much fun down to 5 minutes.

Cheers!
Ty

Nice pics and videos.I was flying at the island yesterday and had the radio on 12345 and could hear all you guys.Had to go back to work or I would have joined you.

Bill

Ha small world. I was on my way from Bald Mountain and heard all that show "Where is Emily". "Do you have a sectional?" :lol:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 117
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 108
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 115
Willyb, were you down by Crow Island? I heard a couple guys that may have been headed in that direction. There was some discussion about landing on lakes and wondering if a specific lake was a 'legal' landing strip. ;-)

Vlad, the issue isn't one of getting lost or a lack of charts. Its more that with that RV-4 of hers, Emilie can do her own little side trips or extra passes of lakes and then catch up with us again. ...so its hard to keep track of her! We had planned to go up to the Bald Mtn event, but a combination of uncertain weather up there, longer flight, and the local group only going to Alton Bay kept us more local. Did you win the spot landing contest? :)

Willyb, were you down by Crow Island?

Vlad, the issue isn't one of getting lost or a lack of charts. Its more that with that RV-4 of hers, Emilie can do her own little side trips or extra passes of lakes and then catch up with us again. ...so its hard to keep track of her! We had planned to go up to the Bald Mtn event, but a combination of uncertain weather up there, longer flight, and the local group only going to Alton Bay kept us more local. Did you win the spot landing contest? :)

I know I know it's not about the charts I am just trying to prove I heard everything :lol:. Sitting on 10K and nothing to do... She sounds so nice on the radio. Spot landing contest?! I could barely stop at the end of runway but I did challenge a leader of the pack several times. Believe it or not his sled was moving 100+ knots

100 kts.jpg

Attachments

• 100 kts.jpg
    100 kts.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
Thanks for posting Rene, I'm spending way too much time trying to learn how to use the gopro and a mac computer to run the videos. Had to work days this weekend so didn't get to do any flying but enjoy seeing others having fun, Hope for good weather for Bowman's fly-in. Douten

Kestrel I was at Crow Island I am based there.I heard that Bill had landed at the island after I went home and they had stopped at Minuteman for fuel.Looks like we are getting snow this week so the skis stay on.

Bill

I know it's only Thusday morning but Saturday looks like it might be good flying day. Got a foot of snow yesterday so it's time for some needed ski time in the Northeast. We can either meet at the Saphouse or Speculator at 9am for breakfast. The ice castle is up and open so work our way North to Saranac Lake then back to the Adirondack Hotel in Long Lake or the Inn at Stillwater for lunch.

Glenn

I know it's only Thusday morning but Saturday looks like it might be good flying day. Got a foot of snow yesterday so it's time for some needed ski time in the Northeast. We can either meet at the Saphouse or Speculator at 9am for breakfast. The ice castle is up and open so work our way North to Saranac Lake then back to the Adirondack Hotel in Long Lake or the Inn at Stillwater for lunch.

Glenn

If weather is good I am coming for T&G. Maybe you Cub drivers with skis could pack a short strip for me? What's air-to-air frik? :smile:

If weather is good I am coming for T&G. Maybe you Cub drivers with skis could pack a short strip for me? What's air-to-air frik? :smile:

Air to air is 122. stay away. We don't need someone with 5"tires spoiling where we fly. For some reason the locals get pissed when someone ends up upside down on their precious ADK beach. Your experimental, find some Erocoupe skis and adapt them to your RV or if you really want to fly with the Cubs, buy a Cub.

Glenn

Air to air is 122. stay away. We don't need someone with 5"tires spoiling where we fly. For some reason the locals get pissed when someone ends up upside down on their precious ADK beach. Your experimental, find some Erocoupe skis and adapt them to your RV or if you really want to fly with the Cubs, buy a Cub.

Glenn

Wooo elitists :cry: Fair enough. Will go to Steve Philbrick place again then to Barnstormers looking for a Cub :smile:

Wooo elitists :cry: Fair enough. Will go to Steve Philbrick place again then to Barnstormers looking for a Cub :smile:

Vlad, your a nice guy. I met you at Phils, Just don't want to see you bend that nice buggy your driving. By the way, first time I got to fly a RV4 was off of a frozen lake.

Glenn

Looks great for tomorrow. Speculator, North end of Lake Pleasent at 9am for breakfast. A foot of new snow, sunshine, mid 20s and mild winds. Should be 8 or 10 of us. Anybody on SKIS is welcome to join in. We will be on 122.75

Glenn

For some reason the locals get pissed when someone ends up upside down on their precious ADK beach.
Glenn

Vlad, nevermind what Glenn says. You don't need a Cub. Just a different beach. Now, there's a beach in Maine... :p

Would like to come north and do some ski flying with you. Is everybody meeting at Speculator or is a southern contingent starting somewhere else. If I leave at 0600 might be able to make speculator by 0900. Looking forward to seeing some of you again and meeting new people.
Nick in the kitfox

Kind of a long ride from Maryland ain't it Nick? Is your brother coming too? Jim

Vlad, nevermind what Glenn says. You don't need a Cub. Just a different beach. Now, there's a beach in Maine... :p

Thanks Rene for moral support. I know couple beaches.

beach.jpg

Attachments

• beach.jpg
    beach.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 132
Jim it's no further then East Tennessee or John's. Where I live people don't put airplanes on skis, I have to fly north to enjoy like minded individuals. I don't think my brother will be along. I'll see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks Glenn. What about gas? I can bring a jerry can if need be. I have enough to get up there and fly for a couple of hours, but will need some for the trip home.

Glenn it's going to be like herding cats for you tomorrow, hope all goes well

Glenn it's going to be like herding cats for you tomorrow, hope all goes well

I can't believe you bailing to go deliver a picture that you didn't take or build the frame for but want to take the credit for. You have all year to go to Mt Bobs. I think your scared to go North anymore. 2nd time you bailed on us " buddy "

Glenn

Back