• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Catto prop selection

1934A

SPONSOR
SE Montana
I'm almost to the point of selecting a prop for my exp. project and I've decided to go with a Catto. My build is a lightweight super cub powered by an O-290-D2. I'm considering a 80-39 or an 82-40. Is there anybody that is running a comparable combination that can give me any feedback as to how this combo will perform?

Give Craig a call and he can tell you what you need. You had better get your order in as he may be several months out on getting one built.

assuming your d2 is 135hp an 82/40 catto will be alot of prop for that engine, on the 160-170hp 320's we run 84/37's. what do you want ? t/o or cruise or some where in between? as 11xp said give Craig a call, tell him tour targets and he will give you a good recommend, if you don't like it he will make it right for you he is very customer orientated but also very busy so if you want one get in line ASAP!

It is a 135hp and a climb prop is what I'm looking for. I talked to Craig a while back and he recommended something in the 80-38 to 80-40 range, just wanting to hear from someone that has experience with a similar set-up. Thanks for the advice! How does a Catto compare with a Borer of the same length and pitch? Is there any difference in the way they pull?

i ran a borer 82/42 on my 320 cub, now with the catto 84/37 it is way smoother turns up quicker takes off a little faster climbs faster cruise is about the same,and is way lighter on the nose.

Pretty hard to get a comparison not many if any running that combo in a cub.

DW

In the 82" series, I wouldn't exceed 37" pitch. I recently tried an 82-40 Catto in place of an 82-41 Borer (on a 150 hp. O-320)and the Catto was effectively a lot bigger prop. I think the 82-37 would have been just about right for me.

Craig is sending me up an 0200 prop for a demo, if any one in Canada would like to try it just pm me. we also have an 84/37 with 3/8 bolts and a 86/38 to demo if any one would like to try one.

Back