• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Chuck and Ryan's Carbon Cub Build Blog

I guess I missed that step. Wing manual? I really wish they would publish any and all changes. I still want the cup holder. I got my windshield on without breaking. Hoping for engine start after my next trip.

As always, looking awesome Chuck.

Jake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want a ride.

Officially Airworthy

Put in eleven hours on the Cub July 4. As fireworks were going off late that night I texted the DAR and told him I was getting close to done. Tuesday July 5 at 0700 I read an E Mail saying he would be there that afternoon to inspect. It was a crazy morning.

Long story short: all is well and 3737R now has an airworthiness certificate.

Attachments

• DSC_0959.JPG
    DSC_0959.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC_0963.JPG
    DSC_0963.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 154
​Way to go, Chuck! Very attractive airplane, good paint scheme, and well built. Good Job! The rear-quarter photo is professional.

Ive covered a few wings and we always brush on a coat of polybrush over the entire wing before applying the tapes. Looks like the first time the "field" of the fabric gets a coat of polybrush is when you're spraying it on. Is that the case?

Ive covered a few wings and we always brush on a coat of polybrush over the entire wing before applying the tapes. Looks like the first time the "field" of the fabric gets a coat of polybrush is when you're spraying it on. Is that the case?

True. Cubcrafters uses some different techniques, one of which is to spray, not brush, the poly brush on the "fields" of the fabric. Of course it is brushed on to the tapes when the tapes are applied.

Back