• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

DoubleEnder Update 2013

Soo... is this no longer a thing? I sent an email on their website and haven’t heard anything. Does anyone have a POC?

Thanks!

not sure on specifics... wings ended up on a single engine pusher version.... that ended up in a lake in alaska... and was shipped back south in a container for work.....???

Long gone from the news. The Ascender was built, two place side by side single engine, and just as awesome, but had an incident in an Alaskan lake. Recovered but I’ve heard no news since sadly. Perhaps someone here knows.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

I heard from someone that supposedly knows sometbing, that it's in a hanger at an undisclised location, being rebuilt...

I'd like to see it with a pair of 300hp Apex motors strapped to it's back....

I heard from someone that supposedly knows sometbing, that it's in a hanger at an undisclised location, being rebuilt...

Yes!!!!

Scrappy, please step aside for DoubleEnder!

Yes!!!!

Scrappy, please step aside for DoubleEnder!

While we're dreaming, how about building it as a four place with twin Yamahas? Or take the back seats out and have a huge baggage compartment....? Someone bring this to Mike Patey's attention immediately!

I'd be pleased with a plain ol ascender...

View attachment 54312

You would be interested in a special one off plane built by Aerofab in Sanford Maine back during the early 70s. I can't recall what they called it nor can I find a picture. It was a land plane which resembled a Teal amphibian with an observer nose. It was custom built for someone in California. I believe he was a regular author for an aviation magazine. I'd remember his name if someone mentioned it.

Aerofab (originally Colonial and then Lake) was the home of the Colonial and Lake amphibians.

We stumbled across Ascender in 2018 in McCarthy. What an amazing airplane. Sure would love to get an update on it.

IMG_3377.jpg

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_3377.jpg
    IMG_3377.jpg
    756 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Back