• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Crow Island (8MA4) Stow,MA Fall Fly-In Oct 19-20

willyb

Maynard,MA
Fly-in/cook-out at the island on the above dates.Sunday is the alternate for weather.Everyone is welcome.

Plenty of room for camping if you want to stay over.

2400x150 grass,11/29 with right pattern 29 1000ftTPA
River and pond available for floatplanes

Bill

Bill we are not going there unless you come to the WAD this weekend

Its amazing how much more I can see on a big computer screen than on an iPad Mini while reading this forum. I see what Tom fixed now. He must be an a good wrench. :)

Doing my annual.I should be able to make an appearance Saturday morning.

Dave I talked to Rob about that yesterday.He is supposed to give me an answer today.

Bill

Is it possible to drive in? I am taking lessons in a Cessna 150 in Sterling, MA, but even if I could get the 150 into Crow Island I don't think my instructor would let me borrow it for that purpose!

Yes Dan you can drive in.Call me 978-897-7770 I will be happy to give you directions and say hello to Ed and Tom at Sterling for me.

Bill

At present hope to have Skywagon ( Pete) in his Smith Cub. Bill McClure in his Fairchild, and possibly Larre Fisher in his Bird Dog. Dick Carrera as my co pilot. Everyone went back to England Wednesday night---so I'm free.

DanP - You can certainly drive to Crow Island!

Anyone else planning to fly over to Crow Island this weekend?

Dave

Last edited:
maybe do Crow Island for a few hours and then fly to Chapin Field(1b8) to harass Glen and "Cruiser"---and VLAD---John F

Tom - Thanks for the photos! Fun day. Although I think I over cooked the burgers! :) Hot dogs were good at least!

Dave ---You did a great job and many thanks for the effort. The burgers were great. Hope enough people kicked into the kitty to defray the expense. This would be a great place for an overnight camping fly in. Hard to believe that there are three airfields within just a few miles. Could fly over to Minuteman for breakfast or lunch!

Yes. Everyone was overly generous. Donations will be used for the next flyin! Many thanks to Rob for hosting the flyin at Crow Island! Some great airports all near Crow Island:

Marlboro with great hot dog/burger stand and ice cream just a short walk from the airport. Short 1600 foot paved runway.

Minuteman for fuel and breakfast/lunch. Paved with some fun waves!

Sterling for fuel and fun watching gliders. Paved and grass on side of runway

Fitchburg for fuel and breakfast/lunch. Paved and grass on side of runway.

Dave

Last edited:
Dave, you did a good job cooking. Usually your flying. More than me. They had quite a turn out today. My favorite part was seeing Pete take off. Wish I got to see his landing. Maybe next time.

Many thanks to all who attended.We had a great time and are already talking about another one.How about a ski fly-in cookout this winter?I think we will need to name the float pond Pete's Pond because he owns it for sure.Wants to bring his 185.
Thanks a lot for the pics Tom and for bringing Dick with you it was good to see him again.
Dave you did a great job cooking,thanks , you are now the designated cook.
Rob really enjoyed meeting everyone and wants everyone to come back again.
Don't be strangers you can drop in anytime.

Bill

We found a yellow inspection cover out on the runway.If you lost it give me a call or pm and I will get it to you.

Bill

Back