Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: J3 cub fuel tank straps?

Post Thanks / Like

J3 cub fuel tank straps?

Already tried J3 cub forums, looking for correct dimensions for original J 3 cub fuel tank straps.
    I was given some great detail pictures on ther forums but have not found any source for either a print, drawing or just the measurements. my straps where modified and not correctly so I do not know if all are incorrect or just lowers or possibly one of each. I was going to just order two lowers from univair and they where helpful with some lengths but one of my lower straps seems to agree with univairs measurement but that also seems wrong as it was also below the fuselage weldments. did piper have a print for those straps and is it available anywhere?
    Thanks for any help!

Post Thanks / Like
    What are the part numbers? If theres a part number theres a print.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used wagaero....worked fine

Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to get drawings for bottom straps and top front from the great people at cub club. Don't think they have the other drawing but i am allot closer now. Never did come up with part numbers yet. Funny enough one of the top straps looks original and is 1" longer than the print calls for.
    Univair was also very helpful with lengths.
    Love those factory drawings!
    does anyone have all the drawings available like northland has for our supercubs?
    thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like
    I might know where there is an original set from a 42' J-3 in decent shape if anyone needs them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know your post is a few years old, but, I am installing my fuel tank in my J3 and am having difficulty with the straps fitting. I called Univair, they got me measurements and locations but something isn't right. The straps are way too tight, I am using the correct threaded screws as the original but they are too short. Do you have any pictures of the tank installed? Any information would help, Thank You!