Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How many have completed & returned the 2012 FAA General Aviation activity survey, and why?

Post Thanks / Like

How many have completed & returned the 2012 FAA General Aviation activity survey, and why?

I have not, but probably will.

Nimpo Lake, BC . . . AKA "the Floatplane Capital of BC"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Up here we have an annual airworthiness report. Just fill in the hours flown & check the box "damage or no".
    Nimpo Lake Logan... boonie SuperCubber
    200mi (300km) from nearest stoplight... just right! - "Que hesitatus fornicatus est"

Post Thanks / Like
    That survey the FAA sends out does more than you think. Through the info on that survey the FAA has information to take to congress to ask for funding, and in turn decides how to divvy up AIP (airport Improvement Program) money.

Fill out that survey and your home airport has a better chance next time it needs $$$$$
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!

Post Thanks / Like
    I did. Why not?

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not. Why?
    If it looks smooth...it might be

If it looks rough...it is!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I receive the survey every year and return it. I do not see a negative side in doing so.

Post Thanks / Like
    I filled mine out, but now I wish I hadn't. Our airport is adding magnetic strips and TV cameras at all the gates. If you let the guy behind you in, you lose airport privileges for three months. Bear in mind, this is an airport that was working at double its current operations level in 1977 with no fence, no gates, and only three full time employees. It actually seemed to work better then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Several recent break ins at our airport, Anoka in MN. We would welcome real cameras at our gates, not the $15 eBay fake ones that the Metropolitan Airport Geniuses installed. So far two hangars full of tools including a plasma welder and an SUV are gone. We would welcome better security. Just installed a $2,000 system in our hangar but we need MAC to close down the airport at night.

Post Thanks / Like
    How do they know what airport you're at? I didn't see any info like that on the form. I filled it out this year, but did not in the past. This year the form looked simpler. Maybe I was just in a better mood.

Post Thanks / Like
    1977? But we didn't have all these "people" running around looking to steal a "light" aircraft to fly it into something to strike TERROR into us.......... We tax payers are paying BILLIONS to protect ourselves from probably NOTHING. GA is simply paying double or triple....Hope I'm wrong but what I really fear is a military pilot who they were afraid to profile, who takes a F16 with a load of bombs and makes Fort Hood look like a pimple on a flea's ass......or a B1 something really BAD
    Last edited by n40ff; 08-18-2013 at 01:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems to be a basic human drive to give up freedom for security. It is related to the quite common desire of our species to be told exactly what to do and when to do it.

In the beginning we set it up for freedom with some risk attendant. We are giving that up. Opinion.

Surprisingly, it was the Republicans who wanted more freedom, and the Federalists who wanted a lockdown society, with the rich elite controlling. We'll see.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never filled out the FAA surveys in the past but I did this one. The questions were interesting. Especially the ones asking about installed equipment. Flight directors, heads up displays, inertial nav, flight data recorders....

Post Thanks / Like
    I did and usually always do. There is no specific info about your airports. You can submit anomonously if you are worried. This is a good chance to provide good data about the GA fleet of us little guys. The FAA Needs our side of the GA story, they make decisions in part based on this data.
    =========
    PA-12 fan

Post Thanks / Like
    The years that I ignored the survey they kept sending another copy.

The last couple of times were easy and I figured they'd keep bugging me if I put them off...sooo...