• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Welcome to the friendly skies of Alaska

ER Upgrade

Eagle River
The final EIS report on Joint Pacific Alaska Range Complex is out. Here: www.jparceis.com
Along a selfish vein, the (proposed) new Paxson MOA and expanded Fox 3 MOA directly affect our moose and sheep hunting area, playground, and properties. I haven’t read the excellent and comprehensive write up on flight schedules, flight periods, etc. to see how much an effect yet. However, I understand and keep in mind what happens to schedules at D+1 minute.
The moose and sheep around some Fairbanks MOAs seem to prosper. I’m off and running with that hope.
The UAV section looked very lengthy and thorough, so thanks to JPARC I have winter reading material.
I didn’t find in the EIS a complete map of Alaska showing the all the existing MOAs/Ranges and proposed changes. Only individual maps of each change.
Dwayne Fig 1.11 JPAR.jpg

Attachments

• Fig 1.11 JPAR.jpg
    Fig 1.11 JPAR.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 175
Thanks for the post.

Has there been any input/comment as to what will happen to all this airspace IF the F-16's are removed from Eilson?

Thanks for the post.

IF the F-16's are removed from Eilson?

I believe the F-16's are only moving down the road to Elmendorf, if and when. Still will work out of Eielson during exercises tho. So the new and existing airspace will likely stay as proposed for training. Less used MOA's on the west side are still MOA's, no matter how frequently used.

So the desires of the military trumps those of the residents. I thought Alaska was different, but it's all the same no matter where you live. Uncle Sugar gets his way and we get trod under foot.

Back