• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

The Flight of Passage … Again. 2014

Feel free to stop and camp at OK18 if it's on your way, we will have a cookout for everybody
okmike

If your trip takes you thru New Mexico I may just join you. Albuquerque west has amazing terrain (and north). That is if you don't mind flying along with a Rans S7.

Arne

Arne, that'd be great. I hope everyone with any plane knows they can tag along. With the 250 miles per day, even J3s could keep up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Got these two pictures in my inbox today.
Gear and boot cowl installed.jpgRudder complete.jpg

Well, wrong thread, but still applies.

Attachments

• Gear and boot cowl installed.jpg
    Gear and boot cowl installed.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 317
  • Rudder complete.jpg
    Rudder complete.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 310
Hi everyone,
Plans are the same right now with no changes to the dates or routes posted above. But I'm always open to suggestions. As far as the plane, we are hoping for first flight early next month. I think we are down to cowling, interior and rigging.

Sentimental Journey ends on Sunday 6/22. I plan on leaving that day and arriving California around 7/2. Weather may drive us to different dates or routes so stay updated. Rough states and dates with overnights:
Ohio 6/22
Kentucky 6/23
Arkansas 6/25
finishing up Texas 6/28.
Arizona 6/29
So Cal 6/30 to 7/1

Supercub.org and I have been working on a plan to try to share as much of the trip with this community and anyone else who wants to follow along. SJ and I were doing a bit of brainstorming just this morning. Of course we are having the flight available for tracking with Spot. In addition we hope to have daily video shots, posts, and photos available. There is even talk of some live feed at some points during the flight.

I was planning on having a dozen planes going all the way across the country with me. I may just be down to a few, but I still want others, like those who have posted, to participate in portions of the flight. I realize not everyone has two weeks to waste or the posture to sit in an airplane for that long of time. I have dream to realize so I'll do it with Aleve and ice packs.

Please reply to thread or feel free to PM me information for joining up.

Well, I'll see if I can meet up with you the weekend of the 28th and 29th. I guess somewhere in Tejas? It's a shame those buck boys went so far south. Kinda sucky - the best part of the rocks is up north.

How are you getting it back home? Are you going to make a big circle and go back east via a northern route? You want company on the return?

Hi folks, just a quick update. This trip is still a go. Because of my recent unavailability, completion of the plane will be a bit closer than I had hoped. We hope to put the finishing touches on the plane and paperwork by the end of this month. This gives me only a few weeks to fly the bugs out of it but I hope to be able to do just that.

I'm still not sure what route I will take in return. I was thinking of heading up the CA coast to NorCal before making my way back east. Everything depends on house much time I'll have to complete this journey.

Spinner went on the plane today. Just need some seat belts with the correct lengths and we are done. Steve at Supercub.org is putting together a pretty big deal for me in regards to this trip. We will hopefully soon have more details of the trip and will start blogging with live feed, etc. For those that can't make this trip, I'm going to try my best to digitally bring you along.

We have a grass strip on our farm in northern Ca. Let me know if I can be of some service on your adventure. Brett

We have a grass strip on our farm in northern Ca. Let me know if I can be of some service on your adventure. Brett
Once we finish the Flight of Passage route in LA basin, I think we are going to head up the coast all the way to Napa area. I'll head east from there. I hope you can fly with us or we can stop by your place.

Back