• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

A&P Needed in North Central Florida

Sure, any A&P could help me...but I'm looking for an A&P that does Cub work as this is an opportunity to develop a long-term relationship for other repairs.

Gotchya. Isn't there a guy that does sea plane ratings with j3s down there? Maybe he knows someone

That would be Jon Brown in Winter Haven. If he isn't close enough for you, at least he may be able to point you in the right direction.

Glenn, I wouldn't want to be your mechanic, if you are still using expander tube brakes.

I must say, in 30 years of working on cubs,(in Alaska) it has been at least 25 years since I have had to deal with 4" wheels and or expander tube brakes. Also the Goodyear floating disc type brakes have become extinct. McCauley brakes are no more, along with the Taylorcraft cable/drum type POS brakes. Not to say Cleveland's don't have their issues, but they work the best in the North Country. So if I had any old expander type brakes laying around Glenn, I would gladly send them your way...

Back