• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Sheepskin shoulder strap protectors

GR: To misquote a famous linguist (Ambrose Bierce?? I forget...): "Hanging is too good for one who makes puns. He should be drawn, and quoted." :lol:

Thanks. cubscout

IMG_0642.jpg

My wife had a riding saddle rebuilt a year or so ago and I used some of the unused sheepskin material the saddle maker put on the bottom of the saddle. They're 'stitched' onto the shoulder harness using plastic ties through holes punched in the leather.

Hopefully we'll get some Tee-shirt weather one of these days and I can feel how nice they are. Three days ago we got 6" of snow at our Montana-low-elevation of 2500'.

Attachments

• IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0642.jpg
    780.4 KB · Views: 185
Dan, I saw two fellas wearing those at the
French Quarter Decadence Festival.
Well, one each.

(not that there's anything wrong with that)

I have been doing some instructing with a local lady who has a new Husky A1C. She had these really simple but effective alternatives to the huge fuzzy (and sometimes hot) sheepskin neck savers. I remarked about them, and at our lesson yesterday, she gave me a set. They are nice because they don't slide around like the sheepskin, they are small, they are cheap, and they are effective!

She gets them at O'Reilly's I think, but here is an amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Accessories-31560-Fleece-Comforter/dp/B005LY1WT8

Note: There is only one in a package, so you need two packages.

4172WbnjnaL.jpg

Attachments

• 4172WbnjnaL.jpg
    4172WbnjnaL.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 155
Those are the same basic style I purchased at WAHL Martian. I also purchase a package of velcro at a later date to hold in place. I attach a glued strip to the belt and the opposite to the fur in a section that is about right. So far so good. Double sided tape did not work in attempt one.
J

Jeff Jones was kind enough to point out that his wife, I believe, found sheepskin covers for seatbelts at Brookstone, and I found them, too, thanks to his help. They come in a couple of colors, so I ordered two pairs...and they work great!

I had to sew a single pass of nylon thread through them, attaching them to the seatbelts, so that they won't slide down, or up. No big deal.

Thanks to Jeff for the suggestion...

Randy

Back