• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New Pilot!

WanaBNACub

Off Airport
After a grueling 5 hour oral and a 1.6 hour checkride I got my certificate on Sunday! I was a wreck mentally after the oral so I thought for sure that the flight was going to be rough, but somehow it was some of the best flying I have done. The weather was absolutely perfect! I got back pretty late Sunday so after work yesterday I got to do my first real flight by taking my wife up for some exploring in the Chugach range near our house. She loved the plane and the flight so that was a huge relief. I wasnt sure how she would take it sitting behind me since she tends to get carsick riding in the back of a vehicle, but no problem at all! Now I just have to fly the wings off my Citabria and find a Cub project! :lol:

67504_4777622361358_536424100_n.jpg

Ya George, I was really hoping to get this knocked out in time to put ski's on and learn a little ski flying as well yet this winter so seeing the tracks all over was killing me! :???: I dont know if it would be worth it now that the snow is dissapearing quickly. I am trying to find a set of 29" airstreaks to get on there before summer!

First, it only takes a couple of hours to put skis on

second, 31"

But have fun with what you have, and learn to feel it. By keeping on airports right now you will be doing yourself a serviice of not pushing and getting into trouble before you have the feel... My opinion!

I can put the ski's on ok, my problem is having a place to park on snow. I have bare asphalt to taxi over for quite a ways where I am at now to get to a ski strip.

Congratulations Cory! I remember taking my wife for her first flight after receiving my license. I saw you coming in last night just as I was leaving.

Taxi over, skis on, fly and park at ski strip, fly the next day, take skis off when you come home!!!!!

Or just fly fly fly! what a great achievement!

Ya know, if you think about it, you're more of a licensed pilot now, probably been a pilot all your life, just now got the ink to prove it.
You worked hard for it and earned it. Enjoy that feeling.
Spring really is here, lots of summer coming. Don't get in too big a hurry. Remember "time is what keeps everything from happening all at once".
Fly the wheels off a that 7gcbc, it's a good one, will teach ya lots in a good way.

Kem

Back