• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Sun 'n Fun 2013

Bobby Breeden

Spruce Creek, Florida. Sterling, Alaska
Good morning everyone,

I will be driving over to Lakeland from Daytona this afternoon to attend Sun 'n Fun for the first time. I know many of you have been before and I am curious if anyone on the site will be there today or tomorrow. It would be great to meet or catch up with you all.

Reply to the thread or send a PM if you will be there and hopefully we will be able to meet up.

Tailwinds,

Bobby Breeden

Cub Club is here today but heading out tomorrow. Steve Pierce is floating around somewhere. Seems pretty quiet otherwise. I'm here with Wipaire the duration of the week (departing early afternoon Sunday). Hope to see some other SC.org folks :)

We will be there with the taylorcraft tomorrow. It will be parked in the warbird section. If you are around during they day, pm me.

Amy, how is the weather down there?

Jay

Well, we have not seen it on national news so it is better than it has been!

sj

That it is but that doesn't take much :p There was the threat of rain but it never materialized and slid to the north. Unfortunately, the weather elsewhere has been abysmal so it seems attendance may be down airplane-wise but tough to tell. Saturday is supposed to be a higher chance of rain so check just in case.

If you make it, stop by and say hi :)

Met Amy at the splash in. Swore I saw Charlie Aileron hoist a beer last night. Finally got to spend time with Steve P's dad, Gil over our naval days.
Otherwise sure seems quiet here for the 2 days I was there.
MRB was represented when buddy Bart flew our 100 year old pilot and others down for a day at the show in a PC-12!
Jim

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Well rats!! The wife and I were at SNF Wed and Thursday too. Wed at Lakeland Linder and Thursday at the splash.

I actually visited the Wipaire exhibit for a bit since the Legend Cub beside them was on Baughmans and I wanted to ask about that.

We stayed at Oak Harbor and I would advise anyone there on floats to stay out of the dirt ant noise at Lakeland by staying at this neat little seaplane base.

Gary. Missed meeting you. Stopped by Oak Harbor on thursday talked to Gregg but u not there. Wanted to meet another WV native!
I'm sched to fly at the BrownSPB Sunday. U still at Oak Harbor?
Jim

Jim,

No. We left Oak Harbor on Friday morning to go back to South Florida. The wife is having extensive shoulder surgery Tuesday and we wanted time to get ready. Wish I we had managed to get together.

We saw Browns in and out of Lake Lowery each morning there. Had one evening meal at Cherry Pocket and saw Brian Schanche of Adventure Seaplanes there. He is also real fun to fly with very near you right now.

Gary
Looks our ships passed in the night. I too tipped a drink with Brian at cherry pockets!
Best to u and your wife.

I liked the Super legend SC.....A nice clone, w L21 windows etc, also liked the new wip 1450's for lsa....no stc
for cubs yet, picking up where baumman left off....a little lighter too than baumman....amphib version.
Other than the new parts exchange, same identicle show as two years ago.....oh except no blue angels as government is tightening their belt......what a joke!!!!!
Met Sean tucker....very nice

Gary. Missed meeting you. Stopped by Oak Harbor on thursday talked to Gregg but u not there. Wanted to meet another WV native!
I'm sched to fly at the BrownSPB Sunday. U still at Oak Harbor?
Jim

Boy Jim,
Does that bring back memories of the time we met at Oak Harbor:
Doc Rick, Marc, You, and (looking like a lobster) Wilbur

Hi Joe
Yep, its been 5 years since that gathering of infamous cubbers. I drove past the Oyster Bar resturant leaving Browns this afernoon. That night ended there!
Oak Harbor misses your yellow bird. Time for a reunion?
Take care
Jim

we should try next year.
but please keep Wilbur off the beach.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 184
Hi Gary

This is Lowell Hollars, I worked at P&WA from 1963 to 1978. I was just scanning some old black & white motorcycle negatives and ran across the Gary Reeves PBT&TR Trials photos in 1973. So I googled your name and ran across this site. Looks like you are in Alaska now, at least part time. and are now a pilot. I remember you and Mary Ann got Jean and I interested in back packing, I believe we borrowed your tent for our first backpacking outing in the Smokey Mountains. From this site I see you retired sometime around 1998? Jean and I lived in Juno Isles also, but several blocks west of you and Mary Ann; on the other side of Ellison Wilson Road. When I get all the 1973 Trials negatives scanned, I'll post them online at my Picasa site.

Lowell Hollars
Scottsdale, Az

Back