• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cessna 172 PK2300 Attach Point Fittings

cubbiepilot

Palmer, AK
I have a C172N round main gear aircraft with a factory float kit. From what I understand, this aircraft has the EDO type forward mount points. Does anyone have a high resolution picture/closeup picture of the PK2300/PK2300B float attach points and float attach hardware for the Cessna 172? I am trying to find out exactly what the PK2300 mounting points look like. I know what they look like for EDO 2000's etc. Any help or detailed description of how to mate the PK2300 floats to a Cessna factory floatkit (I have the roung gear porkchops) would be greatly appreciated. Closeup pictures would be the most helpful. Thanks in advance!

I just got rid of all my pictures of that plane.... sorry.

But, as I recall the attachment at the plane is the same for either set of floats. Check with Richard at Custom Aircraft or Jeff at Floats Alaska, they could tell you pretty quickly.

Unfortunately I do not have any pictures or drawing that will help. You will need to remove the EDO 2000 fitting. That fitting was supplied by EDO to Cessna as part of the factory float kit. That original fitting is only for the EDO 2000 floats. It is a pain in the neck to change that fitting. Especially match drilling the holes in the new fitting. Check with http://www.pkfloats.com/ for a drawings and parts. I installed a set of PK 2300s on a 172. They are a good float for a 172. Another good float for a 172N is the EDO 2130. I had one of those. It was an excellent float plane and still had to change the front fitting.

Back