• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

First Ski flight 2013

How did you attach the GoPro?

Tom

ski1113017_zps773f8313.jpg

Glenn

Nice Glenn.I'm on skis also.Gave Dave Ludwig some time Monday.I think he will have his skis on by the weekend.He took some pics maybe he will post them.We have about 8 inchs of packed powder on the field.Tom,Rene if you guys want to try this give me a call.

Bill

Nice Glenn , you post that while I'm slaving away in my hangar. Get a mixture control on that thing. Get the camera figured out so you can show me how to work one.

Thanks for the picture (and the video). I have the camera and have been considering where to mount it. Just had shoulder surgery and so I have 6 months to figure this out.....! I told the surgeon that I saw a pilot from MN with one arm land a SC at Brodhead a couple of years ago but he (the surgeon who is also a high time pilot) isn't buying that logic.

Thanks again.

Tom

Nice Glenn.I'm on skis also.Gave Dave Ludwig some time Monday.I think he will have his skis on by the weekend.He took some pics maybe he will post them.We have about 8 inchs of packed powder on the field.Tom,Rene if you guys want to try this give me a call.

Bill

Bill, thanks for the offer but Heather said I can't have skis. My willpower isn't strong enough not to buy a set if it turns out to be fun, so I probably shouldn't try them.

Rene

Bill

I'd love to try it. Glenn looks like your having fun.
You got a nice spot Glenn. I'm going to have to stop In some time

You guys going to come this way this weekend?

Last edited:
Glen very nice video. i have the same camera ( gopro hero 2 ) mounted on my champ. i bought a wifi bac pac for it and this lets me oparate it from in side the plane. ( turn it on and off any time. and switch to stills and all the functions that you can do on the camera). good luck Bob

Well ya see tim, i just installed my new fancy calendar on my tool box, and woah, your famous. then i saw the new video glenn made, and then you popped up again. Doubly famous!

I thought everyone gets stuck on skis, i bury my sled every time i ride... So don't feel to bad. Plus just think, glenn will get another video of you getting stuck this year... You have to admit, he is awful handy with a camera.

Tom

My friend Kenny has a strip that scared the crap outa us the first couple times we used it 17 years ago when he cut it out of the side of a hill. We nicknamed it Bolivia. A little ski flight to Bolivia and back.

http://youtu.be/SqkLtpWIHU4

Glenn

Where we heading this weekend? Weather looks ok Sat and Sun in the NE

Saturday
chancesnow.gif
Overcast with a chance of snow in the morning, then mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. High of 19F with a windchill as low as 0F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 40%.

Sunday
partlycloudy.gif
Clear in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 21F with a windchill as low as -2F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.

Sorry I didn't make it. The wind was screaming here. 28 gusting 35. Made a couple landings, GPS said over two hours to Bennington, which was a hundred or so miles. Maybe next weekend. Alton bay is open. Herd them on the radio.

Back