• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Happy Thanksgiving from Our House to Yours

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
I arrived out East this morning after a relatively painless holiday travel day. I am already having a great time relaxing with the family and am looking forward to a lot more of it tomorrow.

There are lots of folks on our radar that will have a more difficult time finding moments of thankfulness due to health, serving a long way from home, recent family losses, destruction of their homes, loss of jobs, or just trouble seeing how to take that next step. We will spend the day being thankful for all we have, and thinking about those folks who are having struggles of one type or another. We sincerely hope they can find things to appreciate, in spite of the adversities they face.

Laura and I are greatly thankful for all of you. You have touched our lives is so many ways. We appreciate each and every one of our supercub.org friends.

We hope you have a great day with family, and keep those who need it most close in your thoughts.

sj & lj

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers and happy thanksgiving to all!

May we bring a spot of happiness to others as SJ has to us!

We moved Lyn's office to Haines today, I am thankful for the opportunity to live at my dream spot, and have many friends all over the world... some I have even met.

I have many things to be thankful for!

Me, I am a Turkey cooking mofawker in the morning. Stuffin stuffs in the bird and then sitting back enjoying some football and cocktails. First Thanks Giving I have been home for in about 10 years. Party party.

Happy Turkey Day to all... I have lot´s to be thankful for! I hope you all have a fun and safe holiday.

Happy Thanks giving form sunny 50º F Madrid!!!!!! :D

Me, I am a Turkey cooking mofawker in the morning. Stuffin stuffs in the bird and then sitting back enjoying some football and cocktails. First Thanks Giving I have been home for in about 10 years. Party party.

But Torch, who will keep the airplanes separated?!!!!

sj

Sometimes family situations require holidays to be flexed some, so we had our first Thanksgiving diner last night. We had one our two adopted daughters, Sofie, and two grand children over. Sofie has had a hard life and continues to make poor choices that make it harder. She is much to caustic to be with the mainstream family. (or mainstream anything) Twenty years she would have been justifiably institutionalized. At one point during diner she screamed at her three year old to "Shut the *uck and eat your *ucking turkey." This is her good behavior.

My wife has a lot of skills but domestic skills are not among them. None the less, she worked pretty hard to put out a nice spread last night. Just as the last of the food was being set on the table, Linda looked at me and said " I don't feel well. You will have to finish this." Then she proptly dropped to all fours and started projectile vomiting into the dog dish. Where is a camera when you need one? Fortunatly dogs like partially digested shrimp cocktail and I didn't have to clean it up. Needless to say, we have leftovers.

The grandkids stayed the night, so I need to go up stairs and make Coco Puff pancakes and try to figure out what Sofie stole from us while she was here.
The police didn't show up so it was a pretty good first Thanksgiving
I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving too.

David, you are a saint. I hope today goes a little smoother!

sj

First time ever a traveler for thanksgiving and so far Orlando ain't half bad. Daughter no. 1 is now working at Universal (yep free tickets), daughter no. 3's school choir is performing at Downtown Disney & Epcot (definitely not free), so Nancy and I plus daughter no. 2 (home from school) zoomed here is the 180 to keep most of the family together and spend thanksgiving with the family that usually travels to us. 6 hrs later we've got 70+ degrees and sunshine.

Happy thanksgiving to all and safe travels.

Kirby

ps, SteveE I cut the corner just for you!

Last edited:
David, you are a saint. I hope today goes a little smoother!

sj
That is one name I've never been called. Linda is the saint. I just ride shot gun. This afternoon is the Norman Rockwell version. (maybe)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL YOU SUPERCUBBERS AND THE SHORT WING THING GUYS N GALS ALSO . Hope your table is blessed with family and friends and good food.

Sometimes family situations require holidays to be flexed some, so we had our first Thanksgiving diner last night. We had one our two adopted daughters, Sofie, and two grand children over. Sofie has had a hard life and continues to make poor choices that make it harder. She is much to caustic to be with the mainstream family. (or mainstream anything) Twenty years she would have been justifiably institutionalized. At one point during diner she screamed at her three year old to "Shut the *uck and eat your *ucking turkey." This is her good behavior.

My wife has a lot of skills but domestic skills are not among them. None the less, she worked pretty hard to put out a nice spread last night. Just as the last of the food was being set on the table, Linda looked at me and said " I don't feel well. You will have to finish this." Then she proptly dropped to all fours and started projectile vomiting into the dog dish. Where is a camera when you need one? Fortunatly dogs like partially digested shrimp cocktail and I didn't have to clean it up. Needless to say, we have leftovers.

The grandkids stayed the night, so I need to go up stairs and make Coco Puff pancakes and try to figure out what Sofie stole from us while she was here.

If you didn't know David and Linda personally, you might not know how to take this post. I do know them. It's true and David and Linda are great people.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

John Scott

But Torch, who will keep the airplanes separated?!!!!

sj

sj,

The FAA booted me out for my age in August. I am now retired and flight instructing. I really enjoy the flight instructing. Just doesn't pay as well

Bless both your hearts for going the extra miles for the grandchildren I am sure ya'lls love is a saving anchor in their lives. I know how much I love you and your wonderful sense of humor my friend. I sure am looking forward to meeting Linda, the more I hear about her the more I appreciate how much you admire your partner.

Had a blessed Thanksgiving with my family including the new addition. four weeks old. so precious.

Just wanted to say thank you to my Supercub.org family ya,ll are fantastic. Happy Holidays.

Blue skies. susie

Hey Stranger
So good to here from you again. I was thinking of Clyde today as I flew over the location of the old Raleigh Municipal Airport where he used to work.

Hey Stranger
So good to here from you again. I was thinking of Clyde today as I flew over the location of the old Raleigh Municipal Airport where he used to work.

I kept meaning to thank you for sending the picture of your daughter flying the Cub. I do not have internet at my Mom's house anymore. Since I am only alloted one hour a day at the Weaverville library which is a half hour drive from Mom's near Junction City I do not get there on one of the four afternoons it is open very often. I am planning on getting some kind of inter-net again soon as the annual is done on the J-3 so I can sell her. Down here in Watsonville where my brother lives wi-fi is available but my family worries when I sit in parking lots. Being loved does have its challenges.

I have a friend who is going to help me find useful new homes for some of Clyde's fancy toys that I am so clueless about which will help alot in so many ways. Looking forward to being able to read Supercub.org again I sure have missed it. God bless you and your family. susie

Hey Kirby, I bet that engine sounded different when u "cut the corner" :)

Back