• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

elevator stop

Ron B.

Yarmouth, Nova Scotia
Hi Guys
I noticed the bungy spring on the elevator that connects to the trim screw setup via a cable, was streched. The elevator now droops while parked. I checked the travel and I have 22 degrees elevator down travel, where as the TCDS state 15 +- 2 degrees. To be clear this is a nose down attitude. I don't see any mechanism of adjusting the trim. This is on a Smith kit PA-18 replica. To the best of my knowledge it's the same as certified setups. Anyone know how to adjust the down travel to stop at 15 degrees?
Thank you
Ron

the 'stop' is just where it hits the small tube under the rear stab mount.... more is prolly better.... they probably did it on purpose....

That's what I have , elevator horn hits that tube. It's not adjustable so more travel will not hurt? Other than stretching the spring. My spring is probably from Home Depot , as it came with the kit. I'll have to find a better quality one.
Thanks Mike

That's what I have , elevator horn hits that tube. It's not adjustable so more travel will not hurt? Other than stretching the spring. My spring is probably from Home Depot , as it came with the kit. I'll have to find a better quality one.
Thanks Mike

just get a real one from univair....??

I'm not sure if the length of mine was the same a certified, I'll have to measure it and post the length here and see if someone has Univair's length or give them a call.
Thanks Again Ron

Ron

I don't remember my numbers but they were in the 22 degree range on my Smthcub as well and it had no adverse effects that I could tell. Soooooo....take all you can get with both the elevator and also the rudder.

Bill

Back