• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Hightower out at EAA

You guys have hit the nail on the head. Until this changes, nothing changes.

If it wasn't for EAA carrying some voice in Washington I would have quit paying dues to them a long time ago. They do nothing for a homebuilder anymore and they don't care. If someone started another homebuilt or experimental organization I would drop EAA like an anvil. Then they can survive on catering to their warbirds. Why I'm sure all 150 warbird people that make it in would flock over to see the largest display on the field.......a Ford car display. I am discusted with the EAA. Don't get me wrong, if it flies in I welcome it. I love all aircraft. I just hate the fact that they forgot who put them where they are.

Steve

A $600K CEO salary for any company in this country is chicken feed. That's more like Director Salary. Where you been? Living under a rock? I suppose you didn't know GIECO could save you 15% or more on car insurance either?? :smile:

What was Charlton Heston's salary for his work at the NRA?
there is a bit of a difference between someone driven to serve and someone serving to earn. But I do agree that a salary cap of say 250K would be appropriate, the big deals getting someone in place who is driven, capable, and that they can tie up for a long effective stay with criteria driven bonus pay.

I got this by googling around: http://www.charitywatch.org/hottopics/Top25.html But pretty much these huge money raising organizations have big salary people at the helm. United Way was one that was always pushed on us at work, but I always felt like their admin expense was high - probably not considering the money they bring in, but I always wondered.

sj

I got this by googling around: http://www.charitywatch.org/hottopics/Top25.html But pretty much these huge money raising organizations have big salary people at the helm. United Way was one that was always pushed on us at work, but I always felt like their admin expense was high - probably not considering the money they bring in, but I always wondered.

sj
I am offended buy an employer that asks for money, I'd rather give money to my church at least there I know where it goes. with united way ect ect it just kinda
goes into a black hole kinda of like the government just not quite as bad.

I appreciate the EAA for their work on the promotion of the self assessment medical certification. That is worth my dues and more. That work certainly benefits a bunch of us, and maybe most of us eventually. We can diss the EAA for a thing or two. If it went away, we might discover how much we really did value the EAA. I wish them success, because it will trickle down to all of us.

I appreciate the EAA for their work on the promotion of the self assessment medical certification. That is worth my dues and more. That work certainly benefits a bunch of us, and maybe most of us eventually. We can diss the EAA for a thing or two. If it went away, we might discover how much we really did value the EAA. I wish them success, because it will trickle down to all of us.

Well put. I was trying to come up with a way to say something similar, and you did it.

sj

Back