• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Windshield supplier

Binty

South Island, New Zealand
Anyone have any reasons why I should choose Univair over Aircraft Spruce for my new PA18 Windscreen? Shipping is a factor- Spruce is much closer to my mailing address.

Or are there other/better suppliers?

I have had good luck with Great Lakes aero great customer service better prices than those listed. They also supply drill bits for a small fee. They even included a piece of scrap plexiglas to practice on when I did my Champ. They will custom make windows other than the standard products. www.glapinc.com

Thanks for the link. I see they do thicker versions... Has anyone tried a thicker screen? If so what are your thoughts?

I know they will reduce noise but I have my doubts if they would make a difference in a Cub...?

I used the solar gray UV blocking (SG-UV) windshield and main side windows from LP Aero: http://www.lpaero.com/products.html

I really like them. The SG tint is very light and mostly unnoticeable from within the cabin. The SG-UV tint results in noticeably cooler cabin temps than the clear windshield it replaced. I used darker tints for the cargo area side windows and much darker tints for the top windows from Interstate Plastics. This is an L-21, so heavy tinting in the rear is useful for temperature control.

I used standard thickness, so I can't comment whether thicker windshields help.

Back