• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Piper cub at van nuys? Or whiteman?

PiperCub Stage Play

I've written a stage play and the central piece of the play is a YELLOW PIPER CUB! I'd love to allow my production designer to see one. We are in the Los Angeles area and I wonder if anyone knows of an owner or Piper Cub that is tied down at Van Nuys, Santa Monica, Burbank or Whiteman airport -- or even someone at Santa Paula or close by...

Please let me know. Very very grateful.

Santa Paula definitely has a number of yellow Cubs. The first Sunday of every month they hold an open house where everyone opens up their hangars and shows off their goods. Great airport. CP Aviation is the main shop/flight school on the field. While they don't have any Cubs on the line, calling CP might be a good place to start.

I've written a stage play and the central piece of the play is a YELLOW PIPER CUB! I'd love to allow my production designer to see one. We are in the Los Angeles area and I wonder if anyone knows of an owner or Piper Cub that is tied down at Van Nuys, Santa Monica, Burbank or Whiteman airport -- or even someone at Santa Paula or close by...

Please let me know. Very very grateful.

I have a yellow Cub at Santa Paula you are welcome to come see. I'm around the airport pretty much every weekend (we have an Apartment hangar). There are several other cubs here that you can see on the first Sunday of the month open house.
PM or email.
dganzer at att dot net

DaveG

Thank you!

I have a yellow Cub at Santa Paula you are welcome to come see. I'm around the airport pretty much every weekend (we have an Apartment hangar). There are several other cubs here that you can see on the first Sunday of the month open house.
PM or email.
dganzer at att dot net

DaveG

Thank you, Dave. Is there any way to contact you? My play is called One November Yankee - it is to star Loretta Swit from M*A*S*H. I'd love to come out and bring my production designer to see your Piper Cub. If at all possible, I'd love to do that prior to the first Sunday in August. Let me know and many, many, thanks. - Josh

Thank you, Dave. Is there any way to contact you? My play is called One November Yankee - it is to star Loretta Swit from M*A*S*H. I'd love to come out and bring my production designer to see your Piper Cub. If at all possible, I'd love to do that prior to the first Sunday in August. Let me know and many, many, thanks. - Josh

Oops... Typo in my first post......dganzer96 at att dot net is the correct email
DaveG

Last edited:
I have a yellow supercub at Hawthorne. I am parked on the ramp by Security Aviation. Im having my annual finished in the next day or two. You are welcome to stop by and have a peek if you wish.

Thank you, supercubziggy How long will it be parked on the ramp? We may try to get out there on Saturday... And again, than you for your quick response.

I live there so im there all the time. Im just trying to get that annual done with all this unbelievable weather. There is a gate key needed but im always up for an excuse to go to the airport. The guys at Security Aviation are there most of the time and could let you take a look too.

Pete and Rowena Mason at Santa Paula also have a yellow J-3. Rowena's easy to find as she's the airport manager, and Pete has a SAG (Screen Actor's Guild) card and does a fair amount of movie flying, theirs was the bomb-laden J-3 Cub flying in an episode of "The Unit" a few years back. They probably wouldn't hesitate to take you for a ride.

Mike-

Back