• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Bushwheels and the Wife

tempdoug

PATRON
nd
Sitting here with a little guilt factor. Not too bad though. :???:I ordered a set of Bushwheels for my cub here about 5 days ago. Havent told my wife yet. Thinking with all the farm stuff that comes and goes it will just fit in with the rest of my junk and no one will care.:evil: The dont ask, dont tell policy might take effect. Our country leaders condone it you know. Or the thought that its just another $200 dollar tire, we go through so many who cares:roll: I sortve want to wait and explain the need situation when one of the misfits around here spills the beans. Or do i crack? Its bushwheel awareness week right? So basically im thinking just put em on and forget about it right? BUT, im a norsk and shes a real stout german gal who always keeps the edges real sharp. So far all ive done is got ahold of the UPS driver, where hes going to call me and im going to pick them up in town, it will give me a little more time to think about it. Lots of them out there, tell or dont tell? Push me over the edge then i have a crutch to lean on.:lol: Maybe thats why when you order tires they have gals to talk to, just to give us guys one last thought process. Maybe Because the guys there know we could be in deep dudu and dont want to get involved in family matters like gals do. Everyone tells me the second time is alot easier. That video where that guy had them hid in his shower has me thinking way too much. HELP!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVG_fepgHB0 Here i found that video. For those that havent seen it.

Last edited:
Sitting here with a little guilt factor. Not too bad though. :???:I ordered a set of Bushwheels for my cub here about 5 days ago. Havent told my wife yet. Thinking with all the farm stuff that comes and goes it will just fit in with the rest of my junk and no one will care.:evil: The dont ask, dont tell policy might take effect. Our country leaders condone it you know. Or the thought that its just another $200 dollar tire, we go through so many who cares:roll: I sortve want to wait and explain the need situation when one of the misfits around here spills the beans. Or do i crack? Its bushwheel awareness week right? So basically im thinking just put em on and forget about it right? BUT, im a norsk and shes a real stout german gal who always keeps the edges real sharp. So far all ive done is got ahold of the UPS driver, where hes going to call me and im going to pick them up in town, it will give me a little more time to think about it. Lots of them out there, tell or dont tell? Push me over the edge then i have a crutch to lean on.:lol: Maybe thats why when you order tires they have gals to talk to, just to give us guys one last thought process. Maybe Because the guys there know we could be in deep dudu and dont want to get involved in family matters like gals do. Everyone tells me the second time is alot easier. That video where that guy had them hid in his shower has me thinking way too much. HELP!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVG_fepgHB0 Here i found that video. For those that havent seen it.

Show her this thread and tell her it's not your fault. http://www.supercub.org/forum/showt...ushwheel-Awareness-Week-photo-caption-contest

Glenn

That sure didnt help. Dave, hes got it figured out. Im hoping she gets a part of the commission. Like a few free airplane rides, at least.

Last edited:
Be a man, grow a pair!

(remove this thread and be quiet. When she asks about the bigger tires, just say that you have had them quite a while, hadn't you noticed?)

Or

My buddy takes his new rifles to his friend's house. When he leaves on the next trip for work, he calls his buddy and has the buddy bring over the new gun to his wife and say: I borrowed this and have had it long enough to be embarased about it. Would you please put it in the gun rack and so he does not realize how long I had it?

should work with tires...

haha, surely you must be joking. at any rate..Here's a solution to your self-induced problem, and any similiar problems in the future.

leave your wife.

What did you give her for Mother's Day and her birthday? You got her some nice things, didn't you? Didn't you?

Just remember "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned",suggest you spill the beans and let her into your second love!

You might tell her that you would like her help deciding if you wanted the extra expense of leather seats in the new Carbon Cub you are considering buying or .....just get a set of bushwheels for the old Cub you already own.

Bring her to a supercub flyin with 6's on the bird. By the end of the weekend, she'll be writing the check;)

Just tell her you had them on layaway for a long time, paid for them at $20 a week and finally got them paid off....That should do it. Well, maybe....worth a try if you can't come up with anything better....

Even in your thread title, you put the bushwheels before the wife.

You're doomed. :behead:

Actually, I'm just kidding. If you farm, she knows there has to be a balance between work and play and she won't mind that you bought the bushies. Just tell her.

Then tell MY husband that I bought a S.Cub....

Just remember "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned",suggest you spill the beans and let her into your second love!
Isnt that the truth, when mamas miserable were all miserable. So im sortve thinkin spillin the beans but keepin my mouth shut on the cost. Is that a fair compromise. Leavin it to the point of, dont ask dont tell? This is all helping because im feeling a little better. But if she does find out then she will wonder how many more things are goin on. :lol: This bushwheel AWARENESS week is sinking into this thick skull. Theres more to awareness than what meets the eye.

Last edited:
Option 1 - Explain that while the cost at purchase is $3400.00 (or you fill in the amount) when you go to sell them, you'll get $2,000 (you fill in the amount) back. The insurance company reduces your insurance premuim if you have them installed and the savings will pay the difference. No money out of your pocket.

Option 2 - Tell her you're going to sell something of equal value in the barn.

Option 3 - It's rumorded Alaskan Bushwheel is going to stop making them and they're going to go up in value cuz people can't get them anymore.

Option 4 - Tell her the truth and sleep well at night...with one eye open for a while.

Got home after spraying this morning and there the tires are laying on my deck. So i thought cool, this is cool. Then i looked at my cell phone and 1 missed message so i called it and its the fed-ex driver. Driver says i dropped your tires off without a signature but i called your wife at the hospital and she said that would be ok, to just drop them off. hmm. spent that time programing my UPS driver and they came fedex. So in the mean time my cell phone rings again, and the number is the hospitals, wife at work, gotta be. So i called back a little later, shes a nurse, secretary says shes busy. Rats i really wanted to talk to her. To be continued.:sad: ps. out of the blue my son Reid,freshman in high school,cub nut, was with me this morning, said, dad you know this is the day Jack the UPS driver will drop stuff off at the hospital and i told him i had that covered. Hes also learning.And how does this fed-ex driver know how to get ahold of the wife?:evil: I do everything UPS, but slipped this time.

Last edited:
I am watching this thread very, very carefully. I have until October 6th to get Bushwheels, if it is going to happen, because that is the day before our wedding. I am not sure that Julie has the same sense of humor as Matt's wife.

You fellas are demonstrating normal male behaviour. To do anything else would be abnormal, and we wouldn't want to be abnormal, would we? Heck, no. I want to be normal. I want some bushwheels, as I am suffering from Bushwheel Induced HypoTestoseronism (http://www.supercub.org/forum/showt...uced-Hypotestosteronism-(BIHT)&highlight=BIHT). Really.

Randy

OK, Doug, in case your wife has a typical female response...even worse, in case your NURSE-type wife has a typical female nurse response, please know that I can surgically remove almost anything from that part of your anatomy. You are close enough to MN that we could even work out a house call for an emergency situation, unless you think it can wait till New Holstein, in which case we can set up a MASH-type tent and render surgical care there.

Randy

Randy,
It's all abut penis envy.
If you feel inadequate, by all means get the bushwheels.
As for myself, I'm perfectly happy with my 6 inch ones.

Tell her you need them to fly around in rough places to look for something you lost. If she asks what you lost, tell her you lost your balls!!! LOL....Seriously, what the heck is with guys that worry about this sort of stuff. You tell them right up front that way you can hear the complaints right off the bat and then it is done...hopefully.
I have a buddy (yeah, you Eric!) that thinks he can get me into hot water by occasionally emailing my wife about a purchase I have in the works. She just laughs at him because she already knows. I tell her up front and if she doesn't like it...well, she has her vices and I have mine. She knows what mine are and knows what makes me happy as I do with her. Much easier that way.

Or you could just link her this thread and see what happens then! :yikez:

Ya look at matts wife by the tires in the last 5 seconds of the video, hes got it made. Smile 4 feet wide. I really noticed that.

Randy,
It's all abut penis envy.
If you feel inadequate, by all means get the bushwheels.
As for myself, I'm perfectly happy with my 6 inch ones.

SJ, SteveE, Lou, Steve Lewis, Kirby, OKMike, Mike Sharp...you guys want to weigh in...whoops, excuse me...measure in on this discussion? :)

Randy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338841371.805417.jpg

Dr. Randy.
Just show Julie how happy Linda looks standing next to those big bushwheels. I took her to an imaginary island resort. A pure virgin to landing on sand. Closed her eyes and she can be anywhere she wants, then opened them and saw Kirby and Mike....... Dream over, but the ride was great. :p

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338841371.805417.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338841371.805417.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 206
My wife bought my first set of 31s. I was just fine with 26" goodyears. She was at New Holstien and was convinced that they were a safety issue by all my friends.:):):):):):) Rick

Margie wouldn't fall for that anymore, she has figured most of your friends, except me, are untrustworthy. Your hangin with Tim??, no wonder. Your lucky she hasn't asked for a refund.

Back