• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Oops, darn it...

The writing by Gerry Bruder in Post 1053 is very well done. The book is a reprint of an earlier version from the late '80s and reflects flying in SE Alaska from the early 1970's. I've not finished it yet but so far the tips and experiences are worth quite a bit for pilots interested in float flying conditions.

As Gordon notes the Preview available in the link sets a fine tone for the remainder.

Gary

https://www.asias.faa.gov/apex/f?p=...P96_MAKE_NAME,P96_FATAL_FLG:18-JUN-19,AERONCA

Recent local accident w/o injury. Forward mount for the Aeronca 7DC's tail spring was corroded and separated from the airframe. The tailwheel rose up and contacted the rudder which apparently jammed its movement. Pilot kept it on the ground and minimized damage. The lower rear tubing area in question was fabric covered and a low spot when parked. The aircraft was trailered to town.

Gary

WOW. Hopefully get her back in the air soon. Great Job nice smooth touchdown. flew her right to the scene of the parts

"The FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board will investigate, Gregor said. He said NTSB is the lead agency, but determining a probably cause for the incident can take a year or more."
WNA7TAGRW5EU5AYQEDSYWA62E4.png

This will be a tough one to figure out!

Attachments

• WNA7TAGRW5EU5AYQEDSYWA62E4.png
    WNA7TAGRW5EU5AYQEDSYWA62E4.png
    637.5 KB · Views: 291
Very sad; sounds like the Pax did not make it.

I keep thinking I should change my door handle to the new lever rotation type to make it easier for folks to figure out in a hurry. On floats it could be a big deal.

You think tweaking your cub gear is expensive....

UA627's hard landing may result in some beer cans.

D9MkKTlXYAAAtto.jpg-large.jpeg

Attachments

• D9MkKTlXYAAAtto.jpg-large.jpeg
    D9MkKTlXYAAAtto.jpg-large.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 289
What’s a “mini cub”?
Sad to hear, flew over Stanley about noon they same day, weather building to the N but smooth sailing.

Beaver on floats just crashed in Ketchikan . happened moments agoart0.jpg

Attachments

• art0.jpg
    art0.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
Do not know yet, a friend sent this to me as it was unfolding. All the news says is a a charter plane with passengers and one sent to hospital. Very glad no serious injuries that we have heard of.

Delayed my flying several times this week out of Soldotna because of smoke. At one point it was 2 miles vis. Flew to Homer today, the smoke is covering the entire Kenai Peninsula with 5 to 7 miles this morning, a little better now. I came all the way from New Hampshire and hate to be grounded, but learned long ago sometimes you gotta shrug your shoulders and find something else to do for the day.

Back