• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Oops, darn it...

Courier Guy;
Regis#: N201BJ
Aircraft Make: MOONEY
Aircraft Model: M20J
State: IDAHO

Description: AIRCRAFT CRASHED UNDER UNKNOWN CIRCUMSTANCES IN A FIELD, AMERICAN FALLS, ID.
INJURY DATA
Total Fatal: 1
Owner Name: WHEELER ROBERT J
there has been something about this one that has been bothering me, This picture was taken as I was loading to go out to Osh in '17. I am in the blue shirt.
IMG_0806.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0806.JPG
    IMG_0806.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 366
I see N201BJ vs N201BS
Interesting, when I looked at Kathryn's I read it as 201BS, but yes I stand corrected. My error in I somehow was shocked when I thought I lost another friend who does travel out that way. I am glad i made the mistake and was holding off making contact. I was a bit surprised the color was changed after the plane went off the end of a runway a year ago.

Last edited:
good read

.......[FONT=&quot]All roads lead back to one company and that company dominates Alaska’s aviation environment in numerous ways, not all of them good. The list of Frontier Alaska/Era Alaska/Ravn Alaska/Ravn Air Group accidents and incidents is, frankly, staggering. In August 2008, a Piper Navajo crashed in Aniak and a Cessna 207 crashed in Kongiganek, and in October 2008, a Cessna 208 crashed in Bethel. In February 2009, a Navajo crashed in Nome, and in March, a Navajo crashed in Buckland. In January 2011, a Cessna 208 crashed in Kipnuk; in November 2011, a Cessna 207 crashed in Kwigillingok. In November 2012, a DeHavilland Dash 8 suffered an uncontrolled 5,000-foot descent over Soldotna, and in December 2012, a Cessna 208 crashed in Meykoryuk. In May 2013, a Cessna 207 crashed in Newtok; in October 2013, a Beech 1900 crashed in Homer; in November 2013, a Cessna 208 crashed in St. Marys and a Beechcraft 1900 crashed in Deadhorse. In April 2014, a Cessna 208 crashed in Kwethluk; in May 2014, a Cessna 208 crashed in Aniak. In August 2016, a Cessna 208 crashed in Russian Mission; and in October 2016, a Cessna 208 crashed in Togiak. In April 2018, a Cessna 208 crashed in Atqasuk; in October 2018 a Beechcraft 1900 crashed in Gambell. And in October 2019, the Saab 2000 crashed in Dutch Harbor....[/FONT]

https://www.adn.com/opinions/2019/1...-crashes-by-alaskas-biggest-rural-air-carrier

I quit flying on Ravn. I probably averaged 40 flights a year with them for several years.

I figured after all those flights incident free my time was up.

No worse then AIA was with the twatters though.

Courier Guy;
Regis#: N201BJ
Aircraft Make: MOONEY
Aircraft Model: M20J
State: IDAHO

Description: AIRCRAFT CRASHED UNDER UNKNOWN CIRCUMSTANCES IN A FIELD, AMERICAN FALLS, ID.
INJURY DATA
Total Fatal: 1
Owner Name: WHEELER ROBERT J

Sadly, only today did I find out that Robert J. Wheeler was “Jon Wheeler”, a hangar neighbor and treasurer of our hangar association. All of the press listed him as from California when in fact he lived in Massachusetts just south of the New Hampshire border and flew out of KASH. Rest In Peace Jon.

MTV ..
It always amazes me that these kinds of statistics don’t seem to effect passenger loads, even in villages where there are clearly other options.

They killed off the competition from Homer to Anchorage, so now we only have Ravn.... or drive the 225 mile road miles up to Anchorage and 225 road mile back home.

When Grant was here for competition, the prices were much lower.

BOUNDED ?????

IDENTIFICATION
Date: 02-NOV-19
Time: 16:45:00Z
Regis#: N718CC
Aircraft Make: CUB CRAFTERS
Aircraft Model: CC11
Event Type: INCIDENT
Highest Injury: NONE
Aircraft Missing: No
Damage: UNKNOWN
State: PENNSYLVANIA
DESCRIPTION
Description: AIRCRAFT BOUNDED ON LANDING WHICH CAUSED A PROP STRIKE, PALMYRA, PA.
INJURY DATA
Total Fatal: 0

The old going through a fence with a J3 caper...

Date: 28-OCT-19
Time: 19:00:00Z
Regis#: N7009H
Aircraft Make: PIPER
Aircraft Model: J3C`
Event Type: ACCIDENT
Highest Injury: NONE
Aircraft Missing: No
Damage: SUBSTANTIAL
State: ALABAMA
DESCRIPTION
Description: AIRCRAFT LANDED HARD VEERED OFF RUNWAY AND WENT THROUGH A FENCE, GRAND BAY, AL.

Hell fellow aviators!
My 180 Hp super Cub is about to be ready and flown for the First time sinne rapair!
my question is What helmet would be good to use, when flying the First tour, and maybe later on. Im infocenter...

Hell fellow aviators!
My 180 Hp super Cub is about to be ready and flown for the First time sinne rapair!
my question is What helmet would be good to use, when flying the First tour, and maybe later on. Im infocenter...

If you don’t trust the work, don’t fly it. If you trust the work, you shouldn’t need a helmet! I used to run a repair station where all we did was insurance repairs. Never even considered wearing a helmet for test flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell fellow aviators!

The main thing that will kill you on one is reversed elevator cables. Triple check the movement against flying examples

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Put your hand on the stick with your thumb standing straight up. Every control surface your thumb is “pointing” towards should be deflecting up when you point at it. Easy control check.

Test flew a rebuild on Thursday. Checked and double checked proper control deflection when I hooked them up, when I safetied them and as I taxied out. All was good. ;)

My buddy and I discovered reversed ailerons on a restoration project. Several sets of knowledgeable eyes had missed it and it was a pain to rectify cuz the wings were covered (not a Cub).

Bottom line for me, high speed taxi test of control response is a must.

My buddy and I discovered reversed ailerons on a restoration project. Several sets of knowledgeable eyes had missed it and it was a pain to rectify cuz the wings were covered (not a Cub).

Bottom line for me, high speed taxi test of control response is a must.

(reversed ailerons, not on a cub) seen that also, test flight crash on a neighbors plane with a "professional" test pilot..... same day one of my projects was to test fly..... postponed that test a day... bad juju happening ...

Back