Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
Results 1,921 to 1,952 of 1952

Thread: Oops, darn it...

  1. #1921
    www.SkupTech.com mike mcs repair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    chugiak AK
    Posts
    11,368
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/...new-york-city/

    there's a picture makes you scratch your head..

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sea-plane-crash-10.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	250.5 KB 
ID:	51434


  2. #1922
    mvivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bozeman,MT
    Posts
    11,047
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike mcs repair View Post
    https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/...new-york-city/

    there's a picture makes you scratch your head..

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sea-plane-crash-10.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	250.5 KB 
ID:	51434


    Talent and perseverance......wheel plane pilots land long and fast all the time....seaplanes too, apparently.

    MTV

  3. #1923

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like

  4. #1924
    Richgj3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    LI,NY
    Posts
    1,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mvivion View Post
    Talent and perseverance......wheel plane pilots land long and fast all the time....seaplanes too, apparently.

    MTV
    I knew the male passenger for many years. They were at my airport almost every weekend with that airplane. The pilot owner is a good guy. The latest news story I read leads one to believe they were on the water after landing. He had activated the remote opener for his hangar. But who knows if that’s reliable info. Long landing? Step taxi gone bad? When our friend recovers I guess we will know.

    Rich
    Thanks mike mcs repair thanked for this post

  5. #1925
    skywagon8a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SE Mass
    Posts
    10,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich, Where is his hangar? The only one I know of in that area is on the north shore of Manhasset Bay where there used to be a Widgeon just to the west of John O'Neil's seaplane base.
    N1PA

  6. #1926
    Richgj3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    LI,NY
    Posts
    1,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pete
    Im not exactly sure as my knowledge of Queens geography is nil. The news story said the accident was several blocks from his house. I’ll try to find that article and post a link.

    Rich
    From the NY Post. “The pilot, Joe Oppedisano, “was going up to Maine for lunch with friends of his” before the fatal Sunday crash near the Throgs Neck Bridge in Whitestone, the close pal said outside Oppedisano’s waterfront home on Riverside Drive.”

  7. #1927
    skywagon8a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SE Mass
    Posts
    10,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I find the history of aviation on Long Island fascinating. Over the decades there have been many aviation activities scattered along the entire Island. Land and seaplanes of all sorts have plied the skies making history. Many books have been written, and much of the evidence is still hidden away.
    N1PA
    Likes Brian M, RaisedByWolves liked this post

  8. #1928
    Richgj3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    LI,NY
    Posts
    1,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I’ve read every book written about LI Aviation.
    The pilot’s address of Riverside Dr looks to be just west of the south tower of the Throgs Neck Bridge.

    Rich
    Thanks hman442 thanked for this post

  9. #1929
    skywagon8a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SE Mass
    Posts
    10,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I found the crash site at the end of 158th street. I do not see a hangar. There is a possible ramp near 161st street by a swimming pool.
    N1PA

  10. #1930
    skywagon8a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SE Mass
    Posts
    10,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    One owner since new, different pilots.
    https://whdh.com/news/fire-patrol-pl...engers-inside/
    N1PA

  11. #1931
    Richgj3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    LI,NY
    Posts
    1,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skywagon8a View Post
    I think I found the crash site at the end of 158th street. I do not see a hangar. There is a possible ramp near 161st street by a swimming pool.
    A friend spoke with the male passenger yesterday. He is doing better and the pilot/owner is off the critical list. The passenger is also a pilot but I’m not sure if he is float rated. They know what happened. A freak set of circumstances. I don’t think it appropriate to relate here. The investigation will make the cause clear.

    Rich
    Thanks skywagon8a, OLDCROWE thanked for this post
    Likes CharlieN liked this post

  12. #1932

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Down low in the hills of Vermont USA
    Posts
    1,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    kathryns report seems to be hacked.
    I was looking to get in some of my morning reading before the 8hr IA refresher course gets underway. It opens to some blogger page that says I am not invited, yet I am registered.
    Regards, Charlie
    Super Coupe E-AB build in process
    Thanks mike mcs repair thanked for this post

  13. #1933
    BC12D-4-85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK.
    Posts
    2,428
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's happened before. Maybe the author is taking a break from maintaining the site. Then suddenly it returns to regular format.

    Gary

  14. #1934
    Farmboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Glens Falls, NY
    Posts
    2,450
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find the final resting spot of this incident interesting.
    To have such a clean fuselage separation, I am assuming the speed had bled off a bit, and perhaps then the stab hooked the tree and “popped” the fuselage in two right at a bulkhead rivet line where all the skins had a common joint. Seems odd the mfg would do that.

    “Animal Collision...
    (16/October/2020)
    - Brazil :
    An Embraer EMB-720D Minuano, owned by Ortiz Aerotáxi, registration PT-RPU, struck a cow during an attempted takeoff from an improvised runway in Jordão, Acre, Brazil.
    The airplane broke in half and the two people onboard were not injured. The cow died on impact.”

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1943.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	51706
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1944.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	51707
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1945.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	51708


    Transmitted from my FlightPhone on fingers...

  15. #1935

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Meanwhile,...
    Posts
    5,286
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like it collided with a band-saw
    Remember, These are the Good old Days!
    Likes CharlieN liked this post

  16. #1936
    www.SkupTech.com mike mcs repair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    chugiak AK
    Posts
    11,368
    Post Thanks / Like
    Note the elt antenna is located across a seam and was disconnected in the crash. Good example of why instructions forbid you doing this.


    Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

  17. #1937
    www.SkupTech.com mike mcs repair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    chugiak AK
    Posts
    11,368
    Post Thanks / Like
    why would anyone bid on this...?? engines junk from Jet fuel.....

    https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...27&acctid=7647

  18. #1938
    RVBottomly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Asotin County Washington (KLWS)
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike mcs repair View Post
    why would anyone bid on this...?? engines junk from Jet fuel.....

    https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...27&acctid=7647
    The tires might be worth something.
    Likes mike mcs repair liked this post

  19. #1939
    BC12D-4-85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK.
    Posts
    2,428
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pay them to remove their wrecked aircraft?

    Gary

  20. #1940
    TVATIVAK71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    ANC
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    I find the final resting spot of this incident interesting.
    To have such a clean fuselage separation, I am assuming the speed had bled off a bit, and perhaps then the stab hooked the tree and “popped” the fuselage in two right at a bulkhead rivet line where all the skins had a common joint. Seems odd the mfg would do that.

    “Animal Collision...
    (16/October/2020)
    - Brazil :
    An Embraer EMB-720D Minuano, owned by Ortiz Aerotáxi, registration PT-RPU, struck a cow during an attempted takeoff from an improvised runway in Jordão, Acre, Brazil.
    The airplane broke in half and the two people onboard were not injured. The cow died on impact.”

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1943.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	51706
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1944.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	51707
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1945.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	51708


    Transmitted from my FlightPhone on fingers...
    Had no idea Embraer built PA-32 series planes under License from Piper. Learn something new everyday.

  21. #1941
    Doug Budd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Crawford Nebraska
    Posts
    196
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1339.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	51880
    That sucks wonder what happened


    Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app
    Likes CharlieN liked this post

  22. #1942
    BC12D-4-85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK.
    Posts
    2,428
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mechanic's Lien?

    Gary
    Likes KevinJ liked this post

  23. #1943

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Doug is that a real photo?
    Maybe sling load gone bad.

  24. #1944
    Doug Budd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Crawford Nebraska
    Posts
    196
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysurfer View Post
    Hey Doug is that a real photo?
    Maybe sling load gone bad.
    It was on Facebook so I don’t know if it’s real or not. But your idea is good.

  25. #1945
    akskibum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Anchorage Fairbanks
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like

  26. #1946
    BC12D-4-85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK.
    Posts
    2,428
    Post Thanks / Like
    Art. 1% of lots of construction jobs for the publics.

    Gary
    Last edited by BC12D-4-85; Yesterday at 07:28 PM. Reason: Alaska has up to 1% for art

  27. #1947
    www.SkupTech.com mike mcs repair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    chugiak AK
    Posts
    11,368
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another computer whoops. https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/...ts-to-save-it/


    Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

  28. #1948
    Steve Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Graham, TX
    Posts
    19,943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by akskibum View Post
    I could be a really successful artist if this is a prime example.
    Steve Pierce

    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Likes Doug Budd liked this post

  29. #1949

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Seldovia, Alaska
    Posts
    183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Name:  D42ED781-6DE1-456A-98A4-5CA0EC3C54FE.jpeg
Views: 175
Size:  23.5 KB

  30. #1950
    wireweinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    3,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike mcs repair View Post
    Another computer whoops. https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/...ts-to-save-it/


    Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org
    Holy crap! How do you explain that the the squadron commander?

    Web
    Life's tough . . . wear a cup.

  31. #1951

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    664
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wireweinie View Post
    Holy crap! How do you explain that the the squadron commander?

    Web
    I’d tell him my magnetic compass wasn’t working......
    Likes Farmboy liked this post

  32. #1952
    wireweinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    3,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe if he had TK-1's instead of Acmes?

    Web
    Life's tough . . . wear a cup.

Similar Threads

  1. oops
    By 907cub in forum Cafe Supercub
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 09:18 AM
  2. Oops
    By cubdriver2 in forum Ski Flying Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 07:25 PM
  3. big oops!
    By Randy in forum Cafe Supercub
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 09:35 AM
  4. Darn temperture dropped
    By Alex Clark in forum Cafe Supercub
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 03:32 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •