• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Crosswinds gross weight increase questions.

TrentF

Homer AK/ Green River UT
Working on my pa 12 this winter.

Installing gross weight increase and have a few questions if anyone has done one before.
Piper part number 149-104 is called out for the stringer on the top of the fuselage from about the font of the rear windows to the trim assy. The dimensions show 7/8x3/8x119".

Anybody know what the material is???

Also there is section "G-G" on the right side of the fuselage that appears to be framework possibly for a baggage door. but the blueprints don't say anything about what this is. Just kind of wierd.

I am trying to get some pics but am having "Techical difficulties". I will try to post later

Thanks

Trent

IMG_0310[1].JPGIMG_0311[1].JPGIMG_0312[1].JPGGot it to work

Attachments

• IMG_0310[1].JPG
    IMG_0310[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0311[1].JPG
    IMG_0311[1].JPG
    1 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0312[1].JPG
    IMG_0312[1].JPG
    987.2 KB · Views: 137
Working on my pa 12 this winter.

Installing gross weight increase and have a few questions if anyone has done one before.
Piper part number 149-104 is called out for the stringer on the top of the fuselage from about the font of the rear windows to the trim assy. The dimensions show 7/8x3/8x119".

Anybody know what the material is???

Also there is section "G-G" on the right side of the fuselage that appears to be framework possibly for a baggage door. but the blueprints don't say anything about what this is. Just kind of wierd.

I am trying to get some pics but am having "Techical difficulties". I will try to post later

Thanks

Trent

the top center stringer is just a normal large stringer, I Use the aluminum ones from univair..

yes, that is a small baggage door frame shown for the upper baggage area.... I usually make it 2 bays wide instead..

7/8 x 3/8 x118 is the dimension of the stringer

7/8" high, 3/8" thick, 118" long

Also does anyone have the tubing dimensions for the seaplane brace and x brace, diameter and thickness?

Also does anyone have the tubing dimensions for the seaplane brace and x brace, diameter and thickness?

seplane tube: depends, if you do left regular door it's ?? like 3/4"?? BUT if you do Left CARGO door then its??? 7/8"?? or could be 7/8 and 1".... don't remember now.....

good question for Charlie at crosswinds stol, he sells all those STC's too...

Back