• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Just Me and an ol' Country boy

A Good Book is Like a Good BOINK!

Hiya JP - :howdy

Thank ya' SIR! :up It is my honor and privilege. I am truly humbled. Your simple, yet eloquent response makes all this worth it.

Junior...Junior....Junior...(sigh):???:

And just HOW long have you been reading these literary offerings? Yet you still haven't figured it out yet?!

Reading a CloudDancer Alaskan Chronicle is much akin to having CloudDancer sex! Well, not so much for you, but for all the wimmenfolks.:p

FIRST - There is the "introduction and flirting" stage. :love: Then comes the "mating dance" (get better acquainted) stage:bunny, alternating between fast dances to start building the anticipation, and slow songs, where you get the first...uh...feel:wink:...for your partner's potential...uh...rhythm. What th readers LIKE!

Finally comes the actual...uh...engagement! And, as the excitement now builds steadily:elefant:; even then, an occasional short break in the "action" :whis: (author's note, sidebar etc.) may be in order to...uh...explore :Gfish:various interesting supplementary areas :Geureka::kiss: to enhance the overall experience before returning to the...uh...MAIN EVENT!

Finally, as the climax of the event nears, it is advantageous both parties (in this case...the reader AND the author) to stay "on the edge" :Gwoohoo: for an extended period; thus ensuring that when the climax finally arrives:lick:, that whether it be brief or extended, it leaves both participants with a long-lasting afterglow and innner warmth:luv2:...desirous of another encounter. Soon and often.

Thought you woulda' figgered my "style" out by now...

Cloud(wasitgoodforyou?)Dancer:anon

Chapter Six - If At First You Don't Succeed...

deleted

Last edited:
The REST of Chapter Six -

Three minutes later in was over for me and John, who had by the way, remained completely silent since the “go-around” from the first attempt. The second time had gone like clockwork. Hit the VOR dead on. Solid on the gauges at three hundred feet, I punched the timeclock and waited 12 seconds, holding my final approach heading to the nth degree on the directional gyro before shoving the nose over. Drove down to one hundred feet solid on the gauges and looked up. In the blink of an eye, the windshield went from being fulla’ grey mist, to being instantly fulla’ black asphalt with the huge white number two and six filling the windscreen! A snappy right bank gave me the twelve degree heading change I needed to align the 206 with the runways centerline.

I eased the power back, and as we sank toward the runway in what could be no better than a quarter of a mile of visibility I quickly snatched up the microphone out of it’s holder and raising it in front of my lips barked quickly “Two-niner Mike! Down and clear! Kotzebue!” and then dropped it into my lap reaching for the throttle.

As I continued reducing power, slowing further and descending into ground effect, Tom responded “TwoninerMikerogerdownandclearATCclearsWien7501WhiskeyintotheKotzebue…”. And it all came spewing out rapid-fire as a single long sentence. Two-niner Mike’s 6.oo x 6s softly rolled onto the wet asphalt somewhere around the time Tom’s transmission to the Otter ended. And after their readback, as I taxied of the runway at the east taxiway, before stowing my microphone, I again raised it to my lips and quietly spoke two words into it. “Quarter mile.” The only answer was silence as I taxied the airplane toward Leroy’s lot. As I did, I glanced over at John for the first time since the go around.

He was looking westward toward the water where the visibility was now barely good enough to even see the first few yards of the water off the beach. His right hand now rested comfortably in his lap again. He turned to look at me and when our eyes met, a huge goofy John Denver broad grin exploded out of nowhere. “Fa-a-ar OUT man! Unbelieveable! That was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen in an airplane. My Dad’ll never believe this story.”

Three minutes later, John and I were just finishing tying down two-niner Mike, this time for the night! Suddenly the silence was broken momentarily by the very faint sound somewhere in the distance, of a pair of PT6 driven, three-bladed Hartzell props going into hard reverse for two seconds. Then the silence returned for almost a minute before the sounds of a taxying Twatter reached our upwind ears again.

John and I now stood side-by-side at the left wingtip of the airplane gazing in the direction from whence we had only minutes earlier come ourselves. The perpendicular taxiway, (at the time) the most easterly access to the runway was no more than five hundred feet at most from where we stood. It’s full north-south one hundred foot length was no longer even visible. The engine noise grew louder and louder.

Finally we caught our first view of the Otter’s long pointy snout appearing about halfway through the 90 degree left hand turn onto the ramp taxiway. Looking straight south or west, visibility had now dropped to about 300 feet.

We waved back at the copilot as his hand appeared in the right cockpit door’s window slowing waving at us. I turned to John and said “Come on there mister music man. It’s time for you to meet the Ponderosa!”

I fired up my Yamaha 250 dirt bike on the first kick and as John climbed on behind me he said “You know Cloudy, I believe you guys must be about the craziest pilots in the world!”

CloudDancer:anon

Yer not that crazy CloudDancer. You took the go-around after all.

Also, I didn't say I don't like your style. I just thought it was an appropriate comment for a cliff-hanger ending.

Hiya docstory -:howdy

Silly boy! :cluck That post was aimed at jr hammack. (Hence the Junior...junior...junior) I love the Bat-time Bat-channel comment. :up That is one of my old favorites. (It's all good bro!)

CloudDancer:anon

Ha Ha! Just not as much fun sliding into Kotz now with moving map GPS.

Gump

Hang on everbody - I just rolled into the Marriot Downtown here in Omaha-ha-ha after four legs! Gimme' time to shed mah monkey suit and take a short liddle power nap an' then maybe I'll get the epilogue up here tonight.

CloudDa

DADNABBIT!

Woke up from my "power nap" at 2 A.M. and the hamsters started running around in their liddle wheels upstairs again as I tinkled. Damn brain wouldn't shut down and let me go back to sleep. Gotta' finish...GOTTA' FINISH...CRAP! Get dressed...make coffee...go down to business center in the Marriot lobby....workworkworkwork. Just for YOU people!

Epilogue

deleted

Last edited:
Back