• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Who builds floatplane trailers In Southcentral AK?

aalexander

Anchorage
I've decided to trailer my plane at Lake hood vs keeping it in the water, and am looking to have a trailer built, I know there are some folks who do that but not sure who. Plane is a 180 on EDO 2870's Maybe someone knows of an existing one for sale? Any input appreciated.

Thanks

The guys at white spruce have made one that looked good. It was designed to haul just the floats and therefore was a little on the narrow side for my likeing, but it would work great if it was a little wider. PM me if you like and I will hook you up with the guy who owns the trailer and you can arrange to look at it.

Bill

I take the PA-12 out of the water after every flight. No safe beaching or docking area here.

DSC01949.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01949 small.jpg
    DSC01949 small.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC01949.jpg
    DSC01949.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 622
Don't know how to post you tube links from iPad, but if you google north American seaplane dolly, a cool one is there. Dan dufault builds them(cub amigo). Have seen them work and they are slick.

Made my own out of stuff laying around the homestead. Torch you could barter for use.:wink:JKplane on trailer 003.jpg

Attachments

• plane on trailer 003.jpg
    plane on trailer 003.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 662
Last edited:
Back