• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cracked Landes ski

A BELLAND

PATRON
Cranbrook,B.C.
Is it possible to repair a Landes ski that has a crack in it.the skis were manfactured in 1978 and i think they are fiberglass.
This would be for use on a experemental aircraft.
thanks in advance, Aurele

Yes they can be repaired, have put tails and tips back on. I just finished a set of 2500's and 3000's the 3k's needed complete new bottoms.

Hi Aurele, sounds like you're up to some fun. I'd call Chris at Landes and ask him about repairs.

Do you know if they're is any snow up the Flathead right now? Or if there is how much? I was thinking of flight up to the border/park Saturday and I'm still on wheels.

Hi Aurele, sounds like you're up to some fun. I'd call Chris at Landes and ask him about repairs.

Do you know if they're is any snow up the Flathead right now? Or if there is how much? I was thinking of flight up to the border/park Saturday and I'm still on wheels.

Landes no longer repairs their product. They refer all comers to "8856C" above

I would refer you to him as well. I do lots of glass work, but I hired him to do a perfect repair on a set for me. Not cheap.....but PERFECT!

Thanks to all for the replys
I think i am going to phone aero and talk to them about some new ones instead of my usual buy cheap rebuild projects,That end up costing more than
Just buying something decent.
Spinner,As far as snow in the Flathead i do not know. We do not have hardly any at low elevation around Cranbrook/Elko but up high it is starting to build up.
Thanks again, Aurele

I have a set of Landes 2500 that has a bit worn bottoms. Do anyone know what material the black glide coating surface is made of? It seems as if it is some plastic that is painted on the fibreglass? It is not a sheet of plastic what I can see.

Its called or was called ski swift, I make my own for the repairs I do with West Systems epoxy and graphite powder. Apply with a foam roller and tip with a foam brush, Works great!

Back