• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Flying Wild Alaska Season 2

My wife and I just got done watching the first five seasons of "Dexter". If you are into serial killers and gratuitous sex, this series is for you.

Snert, you jerk. I'm just getting over walking pneumonia and your post gave me a coughing fit

I like Flying Wild Alaska show a lot better than Gold Rush Alaska idiots. I hope that show is scripted because I can't believe there are people that dumb roaming this earth.

they dropped the "Alaska" in the title now.... just saw the first one for this season.... seems to be off to a .......

Dumb is right. Todd buys more equipment hauls it to Alaska gets ready to start mining and the old man steals his claim out from under him because he FORGETS TO PAY THE LEASE. Got to be scripted. I think the producers lost faith in the claim and set up drama to change claim locations.

Dumb is right. Todd buys more equipment hauls it to Alaska gets ready to start mining and the old man steals his claim out from under him because he FORGETS TO PAY THE LEASE. Got to be scripted. I think the producers lost faith in the claim and set up drama to change claim locations.

Not 100% scripted, that's how business deals work when greed, and stupidity are involved. They forgot to pay one months lease payment, in which opened a loophole for the vultures to strike. No matter how nice a person is today, someone will take advantage of the situation. Therefore I trust no one.

Flying wild AK is a soap mixed with exaggerated cockpit scenes. Although I do miss the scenery up there, I guess it's better than four fat thugs ripen people off at the pawn shop.

I like the show
I just wish they would add another company that does some float flying.......

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

Its just like any book fiction or non fiction. All camp fire storys or books have a little extra thrown in or they are pretty darn boring. We like the show, interesting country and weather conditions and places the people live. I wish there were more movies ect about flying and float planes with camping and fishing

Not 100% scripted, that's how business deals work when greed, and stupidity are involved. They forgot to pay one months lease payment, in which opened a loophole for the vultures to strike. No matter how nice a person is today, someone will take advantage of the situation. Therefore I trust no one.

Flying wild AK is a soap mixed with exaggerated cockpit scenes. Although I do miss the scenery up there, I guess it's better than four fat thugs ripen people off at the pawn shop.

oh, you're spoiling it for me.... guess the episode I watched was the 'off season' show, and the current one(s) is/are not on Itunes yet....

Does anyone know how lucrative that show is for the people involved.I'm sure their not doing it for free.

Does anyone know how lucrative that show is for the people involved.I'm sure their not doing it for free.

If it's anything like Jersey Shore per episode Todd and the gang don't need to find any gold. I've heard some really big numbers for those..."folks"

Anybody here thought to watch "The Aviators"? More of a documentary, granted not really slanted FOR pilots, but ABOUT aviation.

I pride myself in never having subscribed to cable TV in my life, and never missed it, frankly. One football game a week in season and the news is PLENTY of television for this kid.

And, Snert....no remote required....one channel.

MTV

Mike, the cable subscription is well worth the money , if for no other reason than to stare at Meygan Kelly

The Gold Rush Alaska folks losing their claim but had already looked elsewhere the previously is so staged it is not funny. It is reality acting. and not that good at that. Every so often I catch little hits of this show as it is on before flying wild alaska. This week the whole show and what a joke. I could have thought of place to put seven fools in the bottom of the Glory Hole!

I worked with/represented a gold miner on a case once. Based on that case, I'm not entirely sure Gold Rush Alaska is too far removed from reality; clearly reality acting, but within spitting distance of reality.

Saw back to back episodes of FWA the other day. The wife said it was a silly show since it was mostly talking.....so, I had a watch and a couple of beers and timed the 2nd show. Approximately 18 minutes of airtime was flying (not counting any scenes where the focus was people talking but there were planes flying in the background). Approximately 24 minutes of airtime was focused on the people, trucks, loading planes, scheduling, etc., but not flying.

The remainder of the time? Commercials, credits, or adverts for other Discovery channel shows. This "remainder" also included the 5 minutes before the top of the hour when the show ended.

Good enough to watch when there's nothing else on, but (regardless of whether the flying is real or not) there wasn't really much flying on the show.

Jeeze mike v one station? You moved out of Alaska to someplace with only one station?

I don't watch much TV but the internet is a big time waster too.

DANG!!!! Now this is getting PERSONAL...:lol:

Actually, there's three stations within antenna range hereabouts. I just never look at the other two.

Seriously, though, if you haven't looked at "The Aviators" it's worth a look. It's not exciting and thrill a minute, but does a pretty good job of introducing the public to flying.

MTV

I like Flying Wild Alaska show a lot better than Gold Rush Alaska idiots. I hope that show is scripted because I can't believe there are people that dumb roaming this earth.

And the worst part-----they're part of the gene pool. I shudder to think that my daughter might bring home something like that, although I try to warn her about it.

My mother-in-law would point out that talking doesn't work-look what HER daughter brought home.

Not only Megyn Kelly but the other supermodel hot women of the Fox News Channel!!!!!

Agreed that there are aspects of the show that are pretty annoying, especially the aeronautics lessons and over-dramatizations. But its way better than anything my wife watches, that's for sure. Pretty much everything on tv these days is absolutely terrible and is contributing to the downfall of our society IMHO. But I will say that FWA is one show that I look forward to. Any show that has at least a little "real" aviation, some Alaska scenery, and a cute girl featured can't be all that bad, can it?

The best part was when the pilot parked the truck ass into the 40 mph wind and the door was bent forward, thats the kind of help I get these days,you would think you would park nose into wind BUT no they showed this on the show,he should of been fired on the spot,or made to pay for it out of his pilot pay,maybe that would make him think,but I don't think so.

Back