• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

HELP! Need to find someone to do a prepurchase inspection on a PA-12 near Salt Lake

Jimwrey

HELP! Need to find someone to do a pre-purchase inspection on a PA-12 near Salt Lake City Morgan County Airport (Morgan, UT) 42U

Can anyone suggest a good A&P to do the prepurchase?

Jim

512-755-3250 cellphone

Jim I live close by but my IA just moved to Vegas, you could call him at 4359013235 his name is Eric he may know someone who could help you. His email is flyabull@aol.com. There's a lot of cubs on that field so someone should know someone close. One other person you may want to contact is Dave Norwood 4355909429 he does fabric work in Utah he may know someone who can take a look at it for you. I have never met Dave but he has a good name around here.

Kim at K and W Aviation in Ogden.

He is very familiar with this era aircraft and won't charge you an arm and leg

Joe Garfield in Morgan Utah. He is a certified A&P and owns a PA18. 801-791-6769.

ditto that.
you have to be careful around the Ogden area. Check the FAA web site on the credentials of whatever "mechanic" you decide to use.
windy

Some of the best mechanics I have known do not have faa credentials. I understand the innuendo windy is making but my experience has been positive. :)

It's not an innuendo. It's just the facts. In this case the lack of FAA credentials is a pretty good reflection of the quality and "craftsmanship" of their aviation endeavors. At least that's probably what the FAA thought when they suspended the A&P/IA certificate twice and finally revoked it.
Best of luck at continuing your positive experience. :smile:
windy

Thanks to everyone for the input. Had some great recommendations between here and PM's.

Met some nice folks up there during our visit last weekend. Everyone was very helpful.

This forum is a great resource, of information and contacts!

Jim
1939 J-4A Cub Coupe in Texas

Hey Jim, sorry I couldn't get to Morgan and meet you and your boy, I hope your son got to do a little flying with Dane or Ron or Doug, each is a Man of strong Moral Fiber and each would give you the shirt off his back if you needed one, [I sometimes wonder about Ron though he parted with his Piper and bought a Husky]. Good Luck with your search for an airplane. When you guys find an airplane bring it and the J-4 and come on back to Utah and I'll show you some off the beaten track secret spots where you can camp and rock hound or shoot your guns, take pictures or just go helling around the sky without fear of being turned in by airplane haters with cell phone cameras.

Take care my friend and good luck with the search, Dennis

Last edited:
At the risk of being sent to "rant and rave" by the way I never go there; By all means get a supercub if your wallet allows. However--if you fly for fun, give an "old worn out" 12 a good chance. Come fly mine if you like. Yes the offer is open to cpthazard too.

12 G, I couldn't agree more with what you say about a 12, and thanks for the offer to come and fly with you......back at ya buddy, I took down what should never have been put there in the first place, sorry to offend you and others.

Jim: I live in Sisters OR. I do prebuy and annuals on PA-12's among others. If you can't find someone closer, give me a call. 541-788-8792.

Bruce

Back